We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 88277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice items; well done!

Very nice collection of Star Wars autographs Micko.  Thanks for sharing.

What do we think about this? Not the best picture, but looking at what I can see(the beginning of Carrie, the end of Fisher, Kenny Baker, and Mark Hamill), I believe this to be authentic. Any one else agree?
Attachments: No photo uploads here

I do not feel comfortable with this item Kevin.  Sorry.

Agree. The signatures are tough to see, but what is visible is not promising. When is the last time you saw an Anthony Daniels signature smaller than Kenny Baker?

Daniels+Baker
Fisher+Hamill

My first "Star Wars" autographs came from my first celebrity convention, which I attended in 2004. In the ten years since, I've been blessed to get signed photos from David Prowse, Matthew Wood, Amy Allen, Ray Park, Peter Mayhew, Billy Dee Williams, and Shannon McRandle. Most of them were very nice, and Mrs. McRandle even signed for free. Mr. Williams was very silent when I met him, and didn't speak to anyone in his line; this struck me as very rude. If I ever have the chance to meet him again, I hope he's in a much better mood.

As much as I'd love to meet and have autographs from some of the "higher status" actors in the series, I'm not willing to pay the insane prices they're asking. The most I recall ever paying for any autograph is $40, and that was just once. I've heard Mark Hamill regularly charges $150, and Harrison Ford's have been listed as high as $400! In my opinion, that's just crazy. In the end, we are just talking about a signed photo, not gold or jewels. I think some people in Hollywood lose sight of the fact that without fans, they wouldn't be near as famous in spite of their hard work. =(

Thanks for sharing your story about collecting Star Wars autographs Moviefan2k4.  Would you be willing to post some photos of the items in your collection?  I would love to see them, as I am sure that many other members would.  Please consider.

I'm going to look for a scanner tomorrow. If I end up buying one, I'll post low-res versions of those autographs.

Awesome.  Thanks Moviefan2k4.

I didn't realize my original album on Facebook was restricted. Here's the link to my collection on Photobucket.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/moviefan2k4/library/Celebrity%20Aut...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service