We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes it is.

I know this is not a Star Wars picture, but I wanted to show you guys what I splurged on. I took Robin McKay's advice and just went for it because life is too short. Wish it was a full cast signed photo from Star Wars, but you get what you can afford-plus I do love Babylon 5 as well.

Cheers,

Rob.

I must admit, I never watched the show but after meeting so many of the cast ....I know that is a great piece congrats.

Conaway and Andreas are both on there, Peter David is one of the best writers working today ..... you don't have to be a fan of a particular show to know a killer piece when you see one. 

I am in agreeance with Pete as he is the expert in many areas. This is a wonderful piece and if you like Babylon, why not? Nice pieces, too. Congrats.

Rob, keep them safe, in pockets and out of the light. I made that mistake and it ruined one or two of my pieces.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have it framed and waiting to put on the wall. I guess I'll put it where no sunlight can get to it. Thanks!

Rob, make sure if you frame it, that the frame is museum quality (glass etc.) otherwise the light will damage the inks. Standard glass just won't suffice. I made that mistake.

The best part about that piece is the fact that the whole thing seems to be signed in Paint pen.  Paint pen autographs will stand up to light far better than sharpie type signatures, but as Robin said....don't take chances. hang it in a dark room with covered or no windows, and only light it when you want to show it off. 

As Pete said, Rob. If you need to display it in a room with light, only museum grade material will suffice.

I have one in my room at home and that has been framed professionally and it still looks good, even after ten years.

Very nice Robert.

Rob, btw, you will get your SW one day. Trust in the force :-)
Rob, what is your budget for a Ford? When you have the chance, go through OPX. Peace of mind, mate.

My budget for Ford is about $150 right at the moment. When I save enough I'll get it through OPX probably. I'll still look for a good deal and check diligently to see if it's a real one. You never know, I may just get lucky yet. And I do trust in the force. ;)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service