We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just looked on his site and he has three Hestons, two of which are claimed to have been obtained in person. The one that he doesn’t claim as IP appears to be the “Challton” type that I’ve read is secretarial. I wonder why he didn’t claim that all three were obtained in person.

If one had to figure out whether the seller is trustworthy and others are saying no, I think it’s safe to exclude from verified exemplars.  Why muddy already uncertain waters?

If anyone would be interested in asking Roger, here’s one that he approved for RR Auction. To me it appears to be in the same hand as the one from JLL’s eBay store. The signed books that were sold through the eBay store have pretty obviously authentic signatures. I’m not sure why he couldn’t sign a photo for the eBay store if he was able to sign books.

To me, this one looks different from and more likely authentic than the one from the eBay store. Are there other examples where the capital L is not connected to the e in Lee or Lewis?

Do you have an example of a book signed for the eBay store?  What’s the JLL store seller name?  Thanks!

The store is called “the_official_jerrylee”.

Thanks! That one looks fine to me. Completely different  from the picture. Odd...

The squiggly line looks okay? It’s right through the signature. Odd.

It is one back and forth squiggle, not lots of back and forths. I think there are a few that have that. Seems more typical than the multiple back and forths to me. 

Are you sure it’s one back and forth? There appear to be more than two horizontal lines.

This signature in the book looks fine to me. It’s essentially one back and forth line.

You’re focused on one tell, but not necessarily the full flow of the autographs. The examples with lots of back and forth lines look different to me. They generally contain both letters r in Jerry and they’re less slanted. Even if they didn’t have the elaborate squiggles underneath, I would view them as likely secretarials.

Could there be a good example with an elaborate squiggle? I suppose so, but I think it’s highly atypical.

I still don’t think the signed photo from the ebay store is authentic. It looks completely different to me. 

did a search for that store on ebay.  it doesnt exist

We couldn't find any stores with the name the_official_jerrylee

I can see the seller “the_official_jerrylee.” Its logo is a piano with Lewis Ranch, Nesbit, MS.  

Still, the seller only has feedback of 19, with no feedback in over a year, and nothing currently for sale. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service