I would like to share with everyone a major problem I have been seeing around Florida for the past few years. For a while you would only see these signature on photos or on multi signed 500 Home Run or 3000 hits baseballs. A year or so ago P.A.A.S. starting receiving these Autographed White Panel Baseballs, "Official League Baseball" , signed in blue ink on the sweet spot. They would be submitted one or two at time, and mostly from collectors that obtained them at local Florida shows or Flea markets. In the last 4-5 months we were receiving these almost exact signed baseballs for autograph authentication from around the country. Last month a local Florida dealer brought in 70 of these pure white single signed baseball for autograph authentication. I held the submission for a few days, so we could document and photograph the signatures for our files. When the dealer returned for his baseballs, I asked him where he had obtained these signed baseballs? He explained with a straight face that he has had them for over 7 years. He said that he waited on lines at autograph shows and sent some of the baseballs to autograph shows around the country to get signed. I then explained to him that they are not authentic and that I have been aware of these forged signatures for years. I also showed him enough proof that he had nothing further to say and admitted that he purchased the baseballs at a Miami Flea market for $10 per baseball. The scary part is he told me that a sports memorabilia dealer friend of his from North Carolina purchased over 300 baseballs and a dozen Muhammad Ali signed gloves. This is becoming a wide spread problem and I have been seeing these same baseballs on many websites and auctions. Please take note of these examples and study the signature patterns. You may notice a few different variations of the same signature, this is done by increasing or decreasing the size and width of the autograph. Besides not being authentic I am sure some of the readers will see some interesting similarities with these signatures. I would like hear some opinions and receive some input. There are additional names and signatures and we will continue to post them.

Thank you for your time,

Michael Frost of P.A.A.S. can be reached at specialagent711@aol.com

Tags: Authentication, Autograph, Frost, Michael, P.A.A.S., PSA/DNA

Views: 13563

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here u go Mike;

Myst-O- Graph COA

The Fergie Jenkins' don't look bad. I got him on Saturday at a local card shop and I've gotten him in the past at a Gary Railcats promo night. Those look legit to me. That Whitey Ford however is absolute garbage, I met him 2 years ago at a show in Rosemont, IL. There's no way he signs a ball that cleanly now.

Here's a pic of the Fergie ball I got on Saturday:

Jason,
Thank you for your input, it is appreciated and very helpful. Your Fergie Jenkins signed baseball looks great and I am sure it is authentic. I am also 100% sure that the signed Fergie Jenkins baseballs that I have posted are not authentic. I have had the opportunity to examine a dozen of this signed baseballs at one time. When you see them all in a group you can not miss the problems with the signature. I believe most of the signatures have been generated from authentic examples but in most cases earlier, much neater signatures have been used. There are usually about 2 or 3 variations of each signature and by changing the size and location of the signature it is easy to fool even the best eyes in the industry. I also have received 6 emails from collectors that have obtained these signed baseballs from dealers and over the internet. We have already help 2 with complete refunds and I am working with 2 others right now.
Public awareness is the key here, we need to get the word out and stop the producers of this garbage.

Good job, Mike. How old are the sales collectors are getting refunds on?

The 2 items that received refunds were both sold on eBay within the past 14 days. The first item was a Hank Aaron signed baseball white (China Ball) and second was a Nolan Ryan signed baseball both a perfect match to the signed baseballs featured in my post. We are getting somewhere and customers are becoming aware of these forgeries. I have received many e-mails with information about other sales of these baseballs. 

Thank you and lets keep working together to clean up this mess.
Thank you. Agreed.
Here are some additional pictures of some autographed framed photos being sold to unknowing victims. These 4 items were purchased last weekend at an estate sale in South Florida.The buyer came into my office this morning to submit the signed items for autograph authentication. It was a father and son and I could not even except payment for the examination, after seeing the faces on the two of them when I informed them that the items were not authentic.
The buyer kindly gave me all the information of the auctioneer and where the estate sale took place. I then called the auction company and explained what was going on and sent them copies of information from AML and some further proof and examples. I have just received a phone call from the auction company, thanking me and guaranteeing a refund to the father and son for all 4 signed framed pieces. I was also informed although they would not give me the consigners name or information, that they have been receiving items like this weekly from the same person.
The auction company is very reputable and was so convinced by what I had explained to them, that they promised never to except another item from this consigner.
I know it going to take some time, but together we are going to get the word out and stop this crime.

ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF 2 OF THE FRAMES WAS THIS CARD.!!!

Amazing job of outing the Myst-o-graph, Podsada connection to all of this garbage. My Favorite Forgeries little frame company is back in business. These are the same items as the Nicolas Burcyck stuff, that's now on the down low. Tony P. might have been behind that scam too? They certainly are of the same hand. 

Ken Goldin Has gone on record about this butt-wad on net 54 and how he was related to Scoreboard as their FRAMER with the company My Favorite Players. they then turned into My Favorite Forgeries. I'm sure you know more about this stuff too?

can't thank you enough for posting these success stories Mike. 

I first discovered the Myst-O-Graph COA months ago and alerted Ebay about it.  Same crap as the YMC Sports COA.  None of this is new.  I have literally hundreds of photos in my files.  I have posted both the YMC Sports and Myst-O-Graph COAs under our Mickey Mantle threads.  A few of us know exactly where this crap is coming from.

It certainly doesn't hurt to have this thread continue to alert the hobby about this crap.

Years ago I did a Nicholas Burczyk video and guess who threatened me? 

I'm with ya Fudd.  While some apparently have had insight into this by posting onesies and twosies that contain these COAs it doesn't necessarily give the impression of magnitude as this thread has presented. imo.  It's unfortunate, that EBAY has been slow to react to the information provided as these certainly appear to be nominations for the banned list.

There is a lot going on that you are not aware of, DB.   In this case, patience is definitely a virtue.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service