We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hey all.  I came across http://www.toppixautographs.com/index.html when I was searching for some exemplars.  Some of the signatures that I am familiar look sort of good in my opinion.  Anyone ever deal with this website or have an opinion about some are all of their stock(s)?  

Regards,

Mike.  

Views: 3289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which ones do you feel are underpriced? In some cases I've found them to be overpriced if you aren't using a coupon code. They're almost always higher than what Autograph World puts in their catalog updates. 

That's a different perspective and probably true mike. Red flag just pops up for me because when i see people listing a piece for 250-350 but then see same piece from another site 100-200 lower it raises questions. No complaints if it's authentic though haha, but that is a big if. They have nice looking pieces for the most part. I wonder how much they pay their ip workers. Probably by the photo?

Wow, that explains a lot.  On my way to work, I see these groups of people stand in front of the yankee hotel on the upper-east side all of the time, so I guess they would be working for a dealer who then wholesales his supply to a larger company.  That must be a pain though, like you said sitting on your stock until it sells.  It's bad enough you have to actually get the celebrity to sign, only half of the battle; then comes the selling which I can see would take forever.  I know you probably though about this, but wouldn't working out a discount agreement with a 3rd party auth. company speed the selling process/increase profits?  I could see it being a loss, especially depending on the signature but then again some people simply dont buy unless they see some sort of major COA smacked on an item so it could probably help.  I would only do  that for the more expensive items (albums, more popular celebs etc).  The other items probably wouldn't be worth it. 

well, you couldn't work everyday depending on getting big celebs 

Yeah this is obvious, i was just saying that with regard to authentication; I wouldnt bother getting small-ticket items authenticated.  

That "Coa slapped on it" was directed to people who buy via ebay etc.  There's a lot of authentic items on eBay that dont have a coa but wont sell since there is no documentation haha.  

I really appreciate the insight here.  I've been among those scratching my head over the years, wondering how a business model like Autograph World works the way it does while still being a solid source for authentic material.

AW definitely goes with the low cost 'turn and burn' philosophy. Which keeps their inventory very fresh. Not a bad idea at all in this short attention span world we live in.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service