We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Greetings all,

beastie1.jpg

I have two questions in regards to a Beastie Boys plaque I have.  First off, the frame and matting was done by the guy who got the autographs in the beginning 22 years ago, and I really want to change it but am worried about damaging the content inside.  Can anyone recommend a good place on the East coast that specializes in this?

Unfortunately where I live there is no one that can appraise this, and I'm not looking for an appraisal but I've never seen another combination like this out there so I'm wondering, what do you think this is worth? it was a gift to me  and I amn't keen on selling it but have always been curious as to it's value.  I did have it authenticated earlier this year so it's "officially" the real deal, though I knew the guy that got the autographs so I knew it was to begin with. 

Thanks in advance!

Views: 808

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMO it is not authentic. BTW who authenticated it to make it "officially" the real deal??

Here are 2 examples of authentic Beastie Boys autograph for your comparison.

I personally know the individual that was at the show and used the pass to meet them. We were managers at the local music shop and he helped promote the show. JSA did the authentication. So I've never doubted its authenticity. And it's never been sold, it hung in one of the stores for years and was given to me when I left about 7 years ago.

I guess I am more curious about changing the matting then I am about the value, just wanted to toss that in as well while I was asking.
I should have mentioned as you can't see it, it's been dated '87 and that is the a actual all access badge on the record sleeve.

Is their anyway you can post some up close pics of each signature

So I had no idea the Epperson actually did the validations for JSA until after reading some of the posts on here, so even thought I was quite certain it was real, and had the JSA certificate of authentication, I tossed him 15 bucks and asked what he thought.  He replied "I think this authentic" so, double confirmed I assume, but again that wasn't really what I was going for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/travelingbuddha/3211139345/in/photostr...

Here is a link that shows the pictures I sent him. 

I really wish though that I could find a decent place on the East coast to have it reframed, that is actually the question I wanted to have answsered, as it's getting really old and need a refresher.

I cannot believe how big of a business this whole second hand autograph thing is.  It's just interesting that people would pay for an autograph that has no personal story to it.  I will admit, I've been additively reading through these posts going s***, I shouldn't have given that away.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service