We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello everybody,

At the moment I have Two Vivien Signatures, Both from History. Direct, who is meant to be reputable and safe. This autograph does not come with a PSA/DNA so I have a few questions about its authenticity. They provide their own COA, which they say will pass any third party organization and if it does not they will refund the entire amount if it is within 10 years of the purchase.

This seems a little fishy but their items and reviews are mostly great so I'd genuinely appreciate it If anyone who jumps in on this chat could give their opinions on what's the safer choice. We're talking 600-1400$ Australian, so I really don't want to get this one wrong.

Clark Gable references are from Eaby, their sellers all have 100% reviews  

Also just found a Vivien signature on RR auctions going for big money, but seem's it is from the late '30s and pretty clean except for some light surface scuffing and minor creasing. top image

Thank you to anyone who replies and attributes to this page!

Daniel

Tags: #Clark, #Vivien, Gable, Leigh

Views: 1332

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Dan! Additional research shows 55300 to be by Angus McBean! Like mine :)

I looked over all at HD, eBay, RR and eslewhere, I think this is the nicest for contrast, condition, image quality, likely matte finish double weight gelatin silver photocard. It's not on thin promo printed paper, no pinholes, smudges or creases as nearly everything I looked at, and now we know the photographer! That's a big plus. More is more! Such a well known portrait photographer is an additional layer of quality. :)

Thank you for doing that research for me Eric, it means a lot. I guess '55300' it is, could you please check your private messages when you get a chance.

Dan

In looking at Dan's examples and reviewing other verified pieces, something struck me.  In her younger days, she seemed to have that more delicate hand and also often singed with that slant ascending slightly upward from left to right.  Also, she drew that small line under her name. I guess that's why it threw me off a bit as I was used to seeing those 3 characteristics in earlier signing habits.  

Indeed. I had a 1949 example signed after a Streetcar performance - you could barely see the signature it was so very light.

Rushed IP I imagine it was.

This is the one:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service