We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

My 85 year old mother loves Mario Lanza. She got his autograph in-person in 1950 but it was lost in Hurricane Katrina. I thought about getting her another as a present. 

I saw this one on eBay and was wondering if it's the real deal. Let me know.

Views: 731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the odds of anyone reading this being familiar with Mario Lanza are about 10 to 1. :-)

A very popular artist of the time. My grandfather had a stack of his albums.

Sorry I cannot help with the signature.

No problem, Steve. I appreciate your response, nonetheless. I know a couple of autograph dealers I'm going to contact to see if they can verify the authenticity of Mario's autograph. If I get authentication, I'll let the Forum know. 

As an aside, "Pidge" was George Rhein, well known assistant movie director who worked on numerous movies. Rhein died in 1985. 

I have looked at a number of Lanza signatures. This has a good chance of being good although I have not ever handled any of his directly. The inscription has good similarities to his usual style of writing.

Hi Joe! Thank you for your feedback. I'm willing to take your word on the authenticity of this Mario autograph. 

Just an opinion. I was shocked to see how scarce his signature is. It looks right.

BTW. Tom Kramer of Golden Age Autographs have a couple of Lanza signed photos. Don't know what the price is of the one you are looking at but you may want to check these out.

https://www.goldenageautographs.com/vintage.html

Yes, Tom Kramer is the extent of my thinking at the moment.

Thanks, Joe, I appreciate the suggestion to check out Golden Age's Mario items. The ebay Lanza is $900--a bit more than I want to pay, but, hey, it's for my 85-year-old mother and I'm not going to grumble about biting the financial bullet. 

take care and thanks for info!

Garrett 

Follow-up. Joe! I owe you a debt of gratitude! I just checked out the Lanza autographs at Golden Age. Mr. Kramer has the exact Lanza photo I found on eBay--inscribed to another recipient--for HALF the price! Woo-hoo! 

With appreciation!

Garrett M

Glad I could be of help. Your mother will be thrilled.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service