Before I start here, immediately below are a few links to Blogs about Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA) headed by Stephen Rocchi and John Goraczyk.
By the way, according to Rocchi, John Goraczyk is the leading authenticator for GFA.
Evidently, John Goraczyk knows zero about sports autographs; I have yet, since the inception of GFA in Sept. 2011, to see an authentic Mantle, DiMaggio, Williams, Maris, Koufax, Mays, etc. with a COA from GFA (John Goraczyk).
Both Stephen Rocchi and John Goraczyk owe the autograph hobby an explanation as to what "Forensics" and "Scientific Processes" they employ to determine the authenticity of an autograph.
Let's discuss EBay, Autographs, Forgeries and Forensics.
According to GFA's website "Stephen's background in law enforcement along with his years of experience in authentication, working with well-trained forensic and document examiners, combined with today's latest technology, can produce scientific proof that signatures are authentic or counterfeit."
I am still waiting to hear from either Rocchi or Goraczyk to explain to the autograph collecting community the exact "Scientific Proof" that determines that the autographs that accompany their COAs to be authentic.
My two Blogs below prove otherwise.
Because as of January 21, 2018, I have yet to observe one Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Roger Maris, Sandy Koufax, etc. autograph with a COA from GFA that is actually authentic. Not one.
According to GFA's website:
New Technology And Sophistication
As of Sept. 2011, the sports memorabilia authentication companies have used collectors and dealers as their authenticators. These authenticators, highly respected in the industry have for their collecting and selling expertise have had little or no formal training in forensics and document examination.
The autograph community would also like to know what "New Technology And Sophistication" are Rocchi and Goraczyk utilizing to determine the authenticity of an autograph?
Also, please explain to us the Scientific Proof that signatures are either genuine or counterfeit?
So far every "autograph (forgery)" that I have observed with a COA from GFA (John Goraczyk and Stephen Rocchi) can be opined as a forgery in one second. That's how obviously bad and pathetic-looking they are.
So again, I'd like to ask Stephen Rocchi and John Goraczyk "What is this New Technology and Sophistication" that you two have been employing for the last 7 1/2 years?
Is it some kind of secret that only you two have discovered?
In my opinion, the "Forgery Industry" is bigger than ever, especially with the "Forensics" factor thrown in there.
When "Forensics" became "popular" in the hobby a little over twenty years ago, that's when the autograph hobby started to become heavily-infected with Forgeries and Forensics.
And what I mean by "popular" is, it became the deciding factor to the delusional and impulse buyer of autographs.
In my opinion, 80% of the autographs purchased are by the outer circle of the hobby; the other 20% are the real autograph collectors (inside that circle) and that is why the forgery industry is so huge and profitable.
And I have yet to observe one authentic sports autograph with a COA from a "Forensics" person in all of my years of collecting. Not one.
I am also not aware of one Forensic person who knows sports autographs.
For some reason (lack of common sense?) the delusional autograph collector and impulse buyer think that Forensics is the end-all when it comes to autographs, and Forensics, in my opinion, is a bright red flag when it comes to autographs.
Which leads me to ask both Stephen Rocchi and John Goraczyk "Why are you two authenticating Mickey Mantle autographs on images that were produced on inkjet paper?
Shouldn't that be an easy call for a "Forensic" examiner using "Scientific Processes" combined with Scientific Proof that signatures are either genuine or counterfeit?
I mean all you have to do is handle the paper to realize something isn't right here.
After all, according to the GFA website:
So with all Stephen Rocchi's background and history in autographs, why, Mr. Rocchi, were you unable come to a Forensic Conclusion that it would be highly unlikely that Mickey Mantle would have signed autographs on images that were produced on inkjet paper?
And with Mr. Rocchi's and Mr. Goraczyk's combined with "Over 100 years Of Law Enforcement, Professionally Trained. Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA) has forensically examined your item and guarantees that your item is genuine" how could the both of you have missed out on the FACT that the images were produced on inkjet paper?
Here is question of the century:
Did anyone at Guaranteed Forensics Authenticators physically examine any of the autographs that I have posted in my threads/blogs?
I will also add that I have two dozen GFA-certed pieces that I have purchased over the years and recently, and every image was produced on inkjet paper.