We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

No, I did not make a misspelling, the author of the eBay listing did.  I found the following on eBay, an autograph page containing signatures of the 1927 Yankees from someone, who knew someone, who may have driven a bus for the team.

See the auction for yourself.

The description has all the tell-tale red flags.  Some of the better ones:

• Two reputable authentication companies refused to authenticate this piece, but wanted to buy it
  • This has caused a rift in the family, and the seller just wants to be done with this
  • "Copperstown" (the one in New Jersey I guess?) wants the seller to donate this piece
  • Many people say its fake, and want to purchase this item as a fake

As it was listed for only $20 at the time I figured it was worth a $10 PSA Quick Opinion just to see if I stumbled upon a true find.  I figured my chances were at best 0.001% it was legit, and PSA confirmed my suspicions with a "likely not genuine" email a few hours later.

Just posting the outcome here to (1) save anyone from wasting money on this, and (2) to save everyone who might be interested $10.

Tags: 1927, Babe, Gehrig, Lou, Ruth, Yankees

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is from Ebay seller Daubennett.

Anyone who believes that story (item description) has to be a moron.

These are crap forgeries with a BS story!!!

But as you can clearly observe, there are idiots bidding on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283717545136

Click your mouse on the below images to get a closer view.

LMFAO!!!!

I guess I should withdraw my bid?  LOL

The most creative stories are the ones from the sellers of forgeries on Ebay.

I sent it to grading companies who wanted to buy it for lowball offers, but when I refused they would not authenticate the items.

LOL. Total garbage from a crooked seller. If I only had a nickel for every time I've seen this lie posted by someone selling a fake...

For sure!!!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service