We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Share your Nirvana or Foo Fighters autographs and discuss anything related

This is my new 8x10 early Foo Fighters photo.

Views: 18874

Replies to This Discussion

Our own Pete Chuka's words:

"I am going to guess I have been watching John's stuff for about 2 decades now, and I have never seen a bad graph. He is the real deal, and I remember him being pointed out to me on some of my earliest in-person autograph hunts in NYC."
And there you have it.
I just wouldnt drop 8 on the ball without some tpa coa. Theres better examples around, but few nevermind albums.
I wholly respect that. Im not buying as Im chasing other artists right now. Trying to score some Dylan stuff.
I wouldn't be suprised if it is at rr auctions in a month. I dont understand the facebook thing.If it is at auction it will be by reputation.
I think the seller is relying on Brennan's reputation to an extent.

On such a big ticket item it takes awhile to sell it, unless you put it up to auction. I agree with you, that's the place for it.

Looks like it's now on eBay.. I hope whoever buys it uses logic and cognitive deduction. I already feel sorry them.

Nirvana Nevermind

Oh yes buying an autograph from John Brennan's collection, poor soul!

Look at the spacing on the Grohl. I don't need to say any more. I would like to see if there are others he purportedly had autographed.

I really wouldn't call Dave Grohl a consistent signer.

John Brennan is a terrific in person signature obtainer- Pete Chuka says in 20 years of following him, never a bad graph spotted.

Looking at his stuff for sale, it's authentic piece after authentic piece.

So we can take the opinions of some amateuers on an autograph board (myself included) or we can trust a guy whose life's work speaks for itself.

I'm not willing to dismiss this piece over consistency.

Yes, the guy is established and credible, but the piece is filled with more question than certainty. That's the problem I have with this. I am a skeptical person, especially when it comes to autograph collecting because it can be a very dangerous hobby. What bothers me with this one is the proof and presentation of the piece are not fully congruent with the item we're seeing. All "proof pictures" are in different contexts and timeframes. Additionally, the signatures are off on all three. Even the pressure seems off on the sharpie. The one thing I would hate is for someone to buy this based on reputation and not substance, and that is what I see here.

Another piece of garbage from the same UK forger who had those signed magazines with doodles and inscriptions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIRVANA-Lithium-CD-signed-by-Kurt-Cobain-Of...

Oh this guy.

The guy who said to me ""Oh, you knew Kurt did you?"

Ebay should ban him forever.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service