We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

It's a first come first served. The signed copies will be allocated in chronological order based on the date and time of purchase. So it's not guaranteed you will get a signed one.

EDIT: It's presumed to be SOLD OUT.

https://www.easons.com/surrender-bono-9781529151787

Views: 54547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a pretty good fake. This is my copy from Waterstones. I don't know if I'd be able to distinguish the difference.

Yours looks good to me. Thom can be tough to figure out sometimes but this book has 2 signatures and its easy to spot the fakes just looking at Stanley's signature alone.

If the Waterstones books are signed on the title page then that means the UK does not have a tipped in page (possibly the publisher bound the signed title page instead of an extra page). This makes it harder to distinguish.

The only tipped in versions I've seen with the blank page are from the US and they are hard to get/ rare.
As Jason says with 2 minutes of research a discerning collector would know what's what. I'm more worried about the masses. At least with a tipped in page like Grohl or Brian Johnson books most people would immediately know what to look for.

They tip in a page that looks like a title page, it’s still tipped in. Anything bought from a big commercial bookstore will be tipped in.

the Thom Yorke one is obviously fake, anyone with a minuscule amount of critical thinking should figure that one out, lol.

This is what the Waterstones copy has then the signed page. If that’s the same as the unsigned there’s no “additional” page here. I’ll tell you when my unsigned copy from buying a ticket comes through. 

It probably has a different barcode, can you take a picture of that?

It does have a different barcode 

Thank you for confirming the different barcode!

That's good to know, at least it's one way to be more sure of an authentic copy.

I recall U2's social media posting a photo of Bono visiting Waterstones in London a few weeks ago. Very likely that he's signed the physical books during that visit - and hence that version is signed in the actual book, not on pre-signed pages that were later inserted into books by a publisher.

Yes, I said this yesterday - the book was sent from a store, not from their usual central warehouse. So I believe this is the case.

Exactly. So that's kinda cool that Waterstones orders are actual signed books, the old school way. :)

I've been looking for a reasonable priced Thom book for a while and have seen a lot of fakes on eBay. It was extra easy to tell as they looked off and most sellers of the fakes had a ton of other big name artists like Madonna, Bowie etc on cds which looked horrible as well. But these sellers have 1000s of feedback with no negatives which blows my mind. I sold a basketball once that I got signed myself and someone must have done a psa quick opinion that came back bad and eBay removed my item and threatened to cancel my account. Oddly that happened after the item was sold and they buyer was happy. So how are obvious fakes not getting in trouble? Does eBay just not care on big sellers as they make them so much $? So frustrating.

Anyhow this thread has reminded me that I may need to sell/ trade my extra bono if it comes through to pay towards a good Thom book.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service