We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Britney Spears Score / Rescue - Should I Attempt to Fix?

I was extremely lucky and spotted this auction for an "ad with water damage" and not listed as an autograph. I ended up winning it for $44 after tax and shipping. It arrived today and honestly the water damage isn't so bad aside from some light brown spots on the edges, faint water damage discoloration and wrinkles. I haven't had an ebay score this big in a while and very happy about this one. My daughter is 4.5 years old now and her absolute favorite song is Lucky. She requests it on repeat whenever we are in the car. We now have 2 Britney autographs in our collection and thankfully I won't have to give the 1st up anymore.

Anyways, wondering if anyone out there has experience with water damaged items. I've seen a few videos on how this could be ironed out but thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has better advice. Here is the autograph. Below will be pictures I found online of where this signing took place (Hecht's 07/06/1999)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156361670873?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkri...

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't wait. Decided to leave it as is and not risk any more damage. Instead, I tested out some new metallic luster photo paper and printed this picture. Bonded it to 2 ply museum board and float mounted this to stick in one of my binders. The red clashes a bit but its the photo I wanted to use. I can always print a different photo and swap this out easily if I ever want. The original item remains intact while being a bit more presentable.. it looks much better in person. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service