We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Check out this beautifully signed Mickey Mantle baseball......Lou Gehrig too!

Check out this piece of crap.  Someone has bid $350 on it.  The seller also has a Lou Gehrig listed with a $400 bid on it.

[Community Manager Note: We suspended Ivan Cruz, the person selling the fake Mickey Mantle that is the topic of this discussion, for vulgar language and insults.]

Tags: Ivan Cruz, ebay, fake, forgery, mickey mantle

Views: 1670

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Ivan, Mantle did not have three different signing styles, a complete lie.  I too have met him several times and have over 15 signed items from him on many different items.  He was very proud of his signature, the placement, etc. and was very, very consistent.  If there was a variation that looked anything like that piece of crap you think is real, then we would see these different styles all the time, but we don't.  

And, if you think we are in competition with anyone, then you need to look up the definition of competition.  It's one thing to question the legitimacy of a signature, it is totally different to defend the very obvious attempt to defraud someone.  So far you have told us a lot about yourself.  We are not motivated by greed as others are, that is why we have a highly intelligent group here to help others, not cheat them.

hey steve your site sucks eggs. ebay has a money back guarantee. if you purchase anything and change your mind about it. just return it. you can not say a signature is legit by looking at a photo. again either s*** or get off the bowl. buy it or mind your business. this site is FAKE NEWS!

You the seller?

I have no sympathy for somebody who buys this mess. I actually laugh about it.

i have no sympathy for opinionated losers like yourself.

I have to be honest here, and I do see something in common with authentic Mantle signatures.  He did use blue pen quite a bit!

That is true, and he did sign from left to right.

Jeepers, you all are plastering this site with Mantle sigs that it's infecting my mind to the point where even I can tell this is "crap" HA HAAA

Look at the bidding!

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/183014472312?item=183014472312&am...

Over 50 bids by a new ebay member, zero feedback, 96% bid activity with Kagraw1111.

Getting an ebay rep on the phone to point out the obvious shill bidding.

what is "shill bidding"?

Fake bids by a fake acct to drive the price up?

I didn't know this existed on ebay...sheesh. I wonder how big an ebay jailhouse would have to be for all these criminals?

yup fake baseball, fake ebay even you guys are fake. Get a job and move out of your moms basement.

Well technically, it's not a fake account, but it's created to serve its purpose. To push up legitimate bidders. Sometimes a seller has two shill accounts. To push each other up and hope a victim gets drawn in and caught up in the action. A shill account doesn't necessarily have to be a new one.

Heritage has been using a shill, in-house account for decades, NP Gresham, to push up bids, it's common knowledge. You have to bid against other bidders and hope that you can beat NP, who in reality is setting the reserve with that Heritage bidding bump.

But on Ebay it's illegal. A Federal crime. Texas state laws supersede Federal statues on shill bidding. In Texas, the auctioneer, the owners, or any reps or employees of an auction house can bid legally. Heritage mentions this is their catalogs, it's no secret, it's permissible in Texas only, so it's not illegal. But it does change the meaning of the term "auction", as "NP Gresham" does have the final say in what they will allow a piece to sell for. It's not a matter of simply outbidding all other bidders. The house is one of the bidders and if they "win", the item is re-auctioned down the line.

IMO, what makes this very unethical is that Heritage can see the amount of your high bid, so you may be sitting with 3 minutes to go showing a $1000 bid as the high bidder on an item (the next highest bidder at $950), but let's say you pumped in a bid of $1500, so you now have $500 headroom to remain the high bidder if someone bids more. Heritage can see your $1500 proxy bid and have "NP" bid $1440 with 30 seconds to go. Now, you're still the highest bidder but your bid is at $1490, even though no other bidder has bid more than $950 except for the house. You win, and NP Gresham has just cost you $490 extra to get the piece you should have won for $1000 if the house wasn't shilling.

WOW!!!!

thanks for explaining Woody

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service