We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Anyone want to chime in on this signature of Christopher Lee?

Tags: Christopher, Dracula, Lee

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This certainly looks like it's in the ballpark.  I like the ink and the contrast.  There are so many Lee as Dracula photos on the market at any given time and I've been fairly skeptical of much of what I have seen.  Is it a good source?  Member Robby93 for one might have some insight to offer if he sees this.  There are others as well who know Hammer material.

Here's mine.  I waited a long time for one that came with some kind of verified provenance.  This came out of the British collector Clive Bullimore's estate and has his collector's notations on the verso.

Ah I purchased some stuff from his collection as well.  I would go with a vintage sig tbh because there are so many good fakes out there.

That's a good point, michelle.  The vintage sigs/postcards would be much safer.   The auction houses, dealers, etc. have had so many Dracula photos.   

That's why I jumped at the chance to get the one out of the Bullimore estate.   That was a less than ideal auction approach with his archive!

I did well out of that sale myself but I did my homework beforehand and - as with any substantial collection - there is no question that a reasonable proportion of the autographs were obtained ttm.

How big a proportion is anyone's guess but obviously Vintage Hollywood would have accounted for the majority of those - i.m.h.o.

If there is no IP description in the notes then the likelihood is ttm and therefore the possibility of secretarial or other applies equally to items from this collection as any other.

This one was IP at a signing event for the publication of Tall Dark And Gruesome.  He was thinking ahead on this one! (-:

I had 10 (TEN!) signed copies of that book (1997) from Waterstones. Guess how many left!

I'll guess two? 

Nice....That was the 20th anniv.? 

I'll bite (no Dracula pun intended). 

How many left?

Looks like this thread has completed veered off the OP.

Dan, it's all grist to the mill but I apologize for distracting.

Personally I am not that keen on your example.

Nil points!

Zero.

That was the year internet bookselling took off, pretty much and I believe they were all gone within 12 months - all to the U.S. as I remember. The last 2 or 3 copies were fetching £250 - you would do well to get that now.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service