We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi Everyone,

I am a huge Dean Martin fan, and i ran across this auto that i am considering purchasing. I am looking for opinions on the authenticity of the autograph. I have looked at many of his autos and this one seems to be legit compared to the fakes i have seen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views: 824

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone???

IMO Doesn't look good.Nothing like any of the sig's on his personal checks that I have owned in the past.The crossed T usually will not be straight but at an angle downwards and the M looks weird and not typical.He also vary rarely wrote the year underneath and I have never seen him do an 88.Usually a 91 or 92.But he was kinda moody and a lot of times he was known to just scribble and you couldn't make out any of the letters. I would maybe have Mr. Epperson give it a once over and see what his opinion is on the characteristics.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, and your recommendation of Mr. Epperson.

I have looked at a lot of Dean autos, and it seems like for the most part, you are right about the t and the down angle, but I have also seen a few that looked a little different...especially after his son died. I believe he was supposed to tour in 88 with Frank and Sammy, and maybe even did a show or two before calling it quits...maybe that's when he signed.

Don't buy this. It's junk.

Hey Brad,
There's a nice signed check by Dean on eBay , I think it's entirely written by him.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, the check looks to be more authentic in my opinion.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service