We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Dolly Parton & James Patterson signed book!!

Be quick!!! 

Sure to sell out pretty quick! 

UK buyers, remember 6.8% cash back with topcashback. Also £5 when you spend £30 and £10 when you spend £50 on WHSmith website with code: BEQUICK

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/run-rose-run-signed-edition/doll...

Tags: Book, Dolly, James, Parton, Patterson, Signed

Views: 42331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, there is no chance, the Dolly signatures are fake. It's actually quite obvious 

For those who believe, enjoy the book but there is no doubt that these are autopen 

"Dots" are not the only way to determine if an Autopen was used. Nor do you HAVE to have an exact copy to prove it. Forget the dots - what matters more is that many/most shown here are obvious Autopens backed up by another literally identical eample which is humanly impossible. Autopen and live ink are Autographs 101 to some here.

I must be super lucky -- I got a real one.

LOL :) I feel bad for the folks who don't know.

I have exchanged several emails this morning with a customer service rep from WHSmith.  To be fair, she was prompt in her responses and promised me I can return the book to any branch in the U.K. for a full refund, even though I’d paid via PayPal last August.  She even called my local store, to give them a heads up, after I expressed doubt that the refund would go smoothly once I was at the till.  She was coy on the underlying issue of the autopen signature, but said that she’d passed my comments along to the appropriate team.  I can’t really ask much more than that from this level of customer service.  I’ll take the refund and chalk it up to experience.

what if i’m in the us? i paid a lot to get shipped here too 

Email them and find out.  There’s only so much I am personally responsible for.

My advice is to be polite yet firm.  When you receive the book, send them photographic evidence, including comparative examples from this thread, and demand a full refund, including international postage costs.  They may tell you to keep the book and write off the prohibitive return cost.  Either way, remain firm with them and hint that they are potentially legally complicit, as they have already been made aware of the issue by multiple other customers.

Good luck.

I agree with you. You can say that there will be "alternative means" of expressing your dissatisfaction.  ;)

Out of curiosity why is there no discussion of Patterson's signature.  Is it because we all knew his would be autopen going in?  I like how they use red and blue, very convincing

Patterson's fanbase (that is, those who don't care about the legitimacy of an autograph) doesn't give one care. You could sell them snake oil and they would lap it up.-- and that's exactly what happened with President is Missing. Nothing since then has convinced me he gave up his ways.

He has 4 autopen known signatures.  Never mind his signature.  LOL.  BTW, for those who bought the STORYTELLER BOOK, may I suggest that you request for a real signed book from Dolly Parton in lieu of the refund.  

*Songteller ;)

Don't want to get Dave's name dirty :P

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service