We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tags: Bob, Dylan

Views: 23357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone in the UK has one up for sale on eBay (no photographs) for £2500. They describe it as '100% authentic'. Well at least someone is confident. 

Here is the reply from S&S assuring me they are NOT autopenned. Fool me once, fool me twice, but as one member said earlier, I lose rational thought when it comes to Bob Dylan. I’ve ordered one from them, as well as my Premiere order.

The payment was just processed through my Paypsl and is listed as “Snow Commerce”, not S&S. Please let this not be a terrible sign!

Noticed the same - here we go again! 

Straight into a Colombian bank account.  The fact that it sounds like Columbia is no coincidence.

Someone is using this letter as part of their eBay gauging without my approval.

What is wrong with you?

That is scummy behaviour. No ifs; no buts. Sad. You've every right to be annoyed.

Ironic, then, that the signed edition has yet to even sell out (at least as of now, 12:33 GMT on 17 November).

It might be of interest to some that the largest known edition of a signed Dylan book prior to this was 100 presentation copies of his Nobel lecture, which each retailed at $2.5K. Before that, were 50 presentation copies of 2012's "The Lyrics (1961 to 2012)", that retailed - from memory - at $4,500K. The latter is the holy grail of signed Dylan books, containing the complete lyrics (save Rough and Rowdy Ways). Attached is the signing page from my copy, together with copy LOA (not mine). These might prove useful for comparative purposes, 

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Gorgeous! Lucky you. Hope some of your luck trickles down to me.

What I wonder about: if these are not the Indigo autopens, it's surprising how quickly they got new pages to Dylan, had him sign them, return them, they bound them in a factory and have them ready to ship out by tomorrow. All in what, a week?

Yes exactly - didn't they do well to do all that work in little over a week, alarm bells still ringing 

Agree, I’m still holding off at this point and let Premiere pass as well. 

Dolly Songteller was also sold directly from publisher (Chronicle), was autopen, and they fought me before eventually refunding (I even lost PayPal claim but they decided to refund everyone in end). Premiere also had a few from publisher and stood by that they were real as well.

This may be different but high dollar autopens have been passed off in this way before. 

The difference with Dolly is that they had already shipped and gotten away with it. The amount of people that complained was relatively low I assume, so they refunded to shut us up. A Dolly fan wouldn't know an autopen when it hit them.

It's a much bigger fraud if you know there are concerns but lie about it and create a fraudulent COA on top of that. Especially since they are peddling these to autograph collectors (Premiere, Coles) instead of just Dylan fans. They even put Coles on their website as a distributing partner. Usually that spot is reserved for the big retailers like B&N and Amazon, so the 99 £500 books are a big deal. You'd think they don't want that kind of blowback. But the timing remains suspicious.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service