We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi guys,

I have put this in a few places but I've been wanting to get a general overview of what Elvis experts look for when authenticating his graph.

I have read up quite a lot and the attached photo is one that quite a lot of people like. It resembles hallmarks such as the looped lettering, shaping of the letters, height of letters, and general flow. It's obviously done in biro too as markers weren't commonly around then. Then there's the inscription which I see he used a lot, simply 'Best wishes'

What do you guys think? Would love your opinion too.

Cheers,

Ben

Tags: Elvis, ElvisPresley, King, Presley

Views: 717

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As noted Ben you've posted this several times in recent days...

My impression between the first time I saw it and today hasn't changed...here's what concerns me and why...

To the best of my knowledge Elvis would always make a genuine effort to find a place or spot on the item he was signing that would show his autograph clearly...he would make that effort...I've very very seldom seen his signature in this sort of ...I'll call it a "cluttered" setting...

Because of what I've just told you and that fact that Elvis would make every effort to NEVER sign his name "hidden" like this your autograph tells me that the forger is partially hiding his handy-work on purpose...

It's a very old trick of theirs...signing in an overly busy area of a photo or the darkest part of a photo where contrast is virtually zero...etc. etc.

Roger is correct...

Hi Don,

There is a 2nd one on the item in plain site, on white. That's not hidden. To be honest on this side with the inscription there is nowhere that is isn't a busy area. It's a very colourful page.

There's a small white area just beneath which you can see in the photo but not big enough to write that message.

How would you like to post the one not "hidden" then ??

Here's the unhidden one -
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thanks Ben...

FWIW I don't like the item period...

If you don't mind me asking from whom did you purchase this ??

A family member originally got it from Henrik Knudsen, who has the Memphis Mansion in Denmark.

He obtained it from Sherill Nielsen before his death. I know for a fact he had a good relationship with him as I've seen videos of the 2 of them together.

Henrik said to me:

"Roger is right about the E and the L situation, but there are quite a few autographs from Elvis with a bigger E, research and you will see. Look at Elvis' signature from the 50's all up to the 70's and you will see his signature differs from time to time. NO ONE writes the same way all the time. Elvis signed Horseriding, working, walking, singing, standing, sitting, and sometimes holding the item in his hand, on some ones back ect. ect.

When I met with Priscilla, Lisa and Nicolas Cage in 2007, we were just 3 guys getting Nicolas' signature, but if you compare them you would not think its the same person. Anyway Elvis was a lot more structured than that, but still. Anyway I had known the late Sherrill Nielsen since 1991 and untill his death. I NEVER heard anybody not trusting him. He was a chrsitian - did a lot of charity work for a lot of people, and a very trustworth musician in the Gospel Community. He was closer to Elvis than most people, he even traveled with Elvis in his private plane when on tour.

I want YOU to be happy and I'm not trying to cheat you. I make my living out of happy customers, and I did not get that autograph directly from Elvis - I wish - but I got it from someone who was very close to Elvis. He was not just a fan sending it to Graceland and the secretary signing it. It was signed by Elvis"

Thanks for the info Ben...

If you're happy with it then so be it...

Oh I so want to be believe him. Haha! He's very convincing to be fair.

But at the same time it's hard to ignore when people don't like the item.

Ben, why did you change your story?  you original stated:

Hi Guys,

Hope this helps. My parents met Elvis in person at the Summer Festival in Vegas in the 70's. They've had this souvenir menu preserved in their house ever since.

Thought it could help people battle the fakers as to what is genuine and what is fake."

That was one of my first posts on here. I was being told by a lot of people that a lot of people on sites like these like to say things are fake to put others down, so to see what happens when you say it's definitely authentic. See if people put you down. People didn't.

I actually got a lot of help on here in the end (especially with Star Wars related stuff) so began to trust this community more and more.

interesting.  

Unfortunately it does happen a lot, I'm not saying on this site but in general. I go on fanmail.biz and it's full of it. You don't know if feedback is genuine or just people being nasty in some cases.

I've come to know a few people on here now and trust their opinions.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service