Thanks,

Steve

Tags: autograph, elvis presley, signed

Views: 8050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's another "Merry Christmas, Elvis Presley" by the same forger:

It's being sold by JackMSell, a UACC Registered Dealer:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-ELVIS-signed-AUTOGRAPH-KINKADE-S-N-Gra...

if correct, it appears Sipe will be recalling another one....  The print may be worth more but where do you start with this one...

This is GAI, not GA, so it won't be recalled. But it also has a Kevin Martin/Piece of the Past COA. Now dots are connecting. He was the source of the GA certified Elvis from last year that Brick Hunter found.

It would have been really good if the names weren't so close together.  Pity it isn't as we believe Sipe would cancel the cert.

Either way, EBAY recalled it; Item 190729281080 is no longer available

Does this help? Click to enlarge:

I do believe he would as well DB. 

Steve decertifies GAI autographs?

Reason I asked is can he decertify the thousands of fake Mantles/Williams/DiMaggios, etc.? Everything from that same source is fake, and if he decertifies them, the victims who bought them have a better chance of getting a refund.

For those who don't know, Kevin Martin is the publisher of Autograph Quarterly, under the name of Samuel Eugene Xidas.

Good ole Samuel X (from Paris or was it Mars if I recall correctly).

Haven't heard Hermann ask where the current issue is...   Is it still going?  When they went into the next year to produce the 4th edition of the prior year it was not a good sign of quality.

DB, you can get the largest size of an image on eBay by clicking on it so it opens in the image window and then select "Save Image As."

You can also select "Open Image in New Tab" and get a URL you can post directly into this site from the Image box.

may have to try that next time around.  if you click on what I posted it also opens a larger view window as well.

I was talking of the GA & GAI naming being too close.  Global Authentics LLC & Global Authenticaion Inc. are very confusing most of the time.  Sellers to this day erroneously cite an item as GAI when it's a GA cert or vice versa.

Incidently, I surfaced the idea of cancelling certs by design since GA, i surmise until proven wrong, owns the former GAI certification asset database.  Thus, I would further surmise they have the capability to cancel the certs.

I don't know if "buyers" would be able to recoup anything from sellers as courts typically limit claims to three years in most states or unless thier seller is still around and offered the lifetime guarantee.  Even with that it would eliminate a bad bunch presuming when u check the cert online it indicated "cancelled".

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service