We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Does this look to be legitimate? 

Views: 6936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm no Epperson or Thorsten on Beatles, but I love your signed album. I zoomed into your photo full-size and I think it's definitely genuine...and signed beautifully. What did you pay for it? Do you mind me asking?
I'll send you a private msg thanks steve

are you ignoring the start and stop in the "i" Steve?

The circular dot is a what happens when you slowly and decisively stop the pen, and you can see the signer couldn't line up the pen perfectly as it goes off the left side. Come on man, this is autographs 101 here.... never in a million years would George would have done this.

Maybe you are right but I still don't know. I don't know though what condition George was in when he signed Paul's piece. I wouldn't sit here and give my opinion on something that I wasn't 100% sure of especially when an expert has already given his opinion on it and said it was likely genuine. 

If I were Paul I would send that close up picture to Roger with the concerns that you have given him Steiger and get a second opinion on the piece first. I don't doubt that you know your stuff Steiger, but what is worrysome to me to be frank is your anonymity. As I said before, the experts in this field are who they are and of course they do make mistakes and maybe they did here too, but it is much easier for you to make opinions with trusting your word of experience. 

(Once again I am not saying you are or aren't correct)

100% agree.

I ran it by Roger he says it's 110 percent authentic.

N.Steiger,

The "H" downstroke (what you call a slashstroke) was signed top to bottom, as normal, and tapers at the end to show that.

What you see as a stop and start to the "a" is the end of crossbar of the "H" and the "a" starting right over it.

And if there wasn't a stop and start to the "i" that line would be heading out of the solar system by now instead of creating the "son."

You don't even need to know Harrison's to see this was signed naturally.

Just like to say thanks to Roger for helping me out.

Steve, you are 100% wrong on this one bud. The horizontal slash stroke in the "H" and "a" are supposed to one continues motion, not only did the forger stop right there he also even more clearly stopped and started again on it "i".

There are several autographs - slowly written - that dont appear to have a continous line from the botton of the H to the G and writing the line through the H. As on Pauls - if he writes more slowly he hasnt started again and not rushing strongly or lightly with the pen and leaving the marks you show in the analysis. I have seen too many different styles to say Pauls is a fake.

Agreed, Thorsten. Paul's was carefully and naturally signed on a slick album cover to come out looking good for the person it was signed for. And if you sign a slick surface quickly, it's much more likely to smear, which was something I'm sure Harrison was trying to avoid.

yes, rarely but you can image the path from the bottom of the H to the horizontal stoke using the feathering of the ink ends. In Paul's to connect the path in one motion you's have to make a 4" loop. Guys, you are grasping for straws here.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service