We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A while back I decided to give Mike Frost from P.A.A.S. a chance to authenticate a few of my Beatles autographs. He was significantly cheaper than many of the other authenticators and I had seen his EBay auction a number of times. I decided to send him this mid 70's Harrison autograph which, in my opinion, is pretty cut and dry a genuine autograph. To my disbelief he responded saying that autograph was in fact NOT authentic! Along with this signature I sent him others as well which he deemed as not genuine. I felt terrible knowing that these were real and I was just taken for my money to the tune of $400.00+ dollars. After I received the signatures I did the only thing one could do. I mailed them off to Frank Caiazzo for a true authentication. As expected, the autograph was indeed authentic. I felt a little more vindication when I found out that his authentication services were puled from EBay. BUT! I just ran across another one of his ebay auctions trying to lure unknowing patrons to use his services for Beatles autographs! I was as you can imagine quite peeved. In my opinion, I would stay as far away from a Mike Frost PAAS Beatles authentication as possible. It is my belief that he has no clue what is real and what is not and I would advise to save your money and go with someone more reputable in this business. Take a look at the example for yourself and you be the judge!!!

Views: 10069

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike I curious about what makes you question the authenticity of this particular signature?
Why would you care what Roger or Caizzo says about the autograph ? You took the money to authenticate. You researched the item and felt it was bad . If you felt someone else was more qualified for thr job , you should have referred this man , before you took his money .

amen!

I do care what respected experts have to say. I am not saying I know everything nor am I always 100% correct and if I make a honest mistake I will accept responsibility. I do however do a lot of research and spend time with all of my examinations. I have one of the largest libraries of authentic exemplars and I do consult other respected authenticators when necessary. I would issue a refund for my service based upon Frank Caiazzo's and Roger Epperson's opinion in this matter. Scott "Xperttexpert" has said that he was taken for $400+ on the authentications. I would like to see the other items with the P.A.A.S. turndown letters and the Frank Caiazzo Letters Of Authentication. This example of George Harrison appears to be a mistake on my part. I would like to receive Roger Epperson's opinion on this signature but I surely have no problem saying that I may have made a mistake here. I am not a rubber stamp authenticator, and I can honestly say at this time almost 65% of all items submitted are not issued a letter of authentication from P.A.A.S.. In this case Scott submitted 6 signed items and I believe one was issued a letter of authenticity from P.A.A.S. He has posted the George Harrison with a Letter from Frank Caiazzo, it was over a year ago but I would like to see the other 4 items that P.A.A.S. rejected with Letters of Authenticity by PSA/DNA, JSA, Roger Epperson or Frank Caiazzo.

Nice Harrison...

I searched the computer at work and unfortunately could not find the pictures of the autographs in question. I talked with our computer tech and he said because we recently updated our systems that most folders were deleted. The only autograph I still have in my personal collection is the George signature. The others have already been sold. I am not looking for a refund and did not start this thread to bring other authenticators such as Epperson and Caiazzo into question. I simply started this because I wanted to impart my experience with PAAS. The fact of the matter is that even the autographs that PAAS deemed authentic I had to send off and pay to have reevaluated because I could not knowingly sell an autograph with a COA from a company that I felt was not reputable in the field of Beatles autographs. Again, this is my opinion and mine alone.

Ugh...you need to fire your computer tech...today. The most important thing to do before upgrading computers is backup and preserve your data files and folders. What an idiot...you must be furious!

steve, the store i woork for is not a store that sells auto's. we sell musical inst. i have no control what they deem as important. this was personal info. that had nothind to do with me.

my bad, that had nothind to do with the store, not me.

I have been waiting all day for this response from you. It is easy to use the Internet and blogs to try and discredit people. It is also easy to make up or tell a partial story to try to discredit a company or authenticator that has not worked in your favor.
It is very hard when you have to face the person you are lying about and it is even harder when the truth comes out. You know that not one of the other items were authenticated by Frank Caiazzo nor roger Epperson. I also still believe that this George Harrison has some issues that may need to be addressed and that if Frank had all 6 of your items in front of him at the same time, he may have also questioned this Harrison Signature. I am holding myself accountable for this examination if I am wrong I as promised would issue you a full refund and apology.
First lets set the record straight in you "George Harrison real or fake???" Discussion you claim to be out Money to the tune of $400. Here is your paypal payment.

Transaction Details

What should I do now?

• Ship to the buyer's address on this page
  • Use a shipping servicewith signature confirmation
  • Save your tracking information and proof that the item was delivered

Tips to sell securely

Seller Protection address

scott kroll, south tx music mart
5253 S Staples St
corpus christi, TX 78411-4112
United States
Confirmed

Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID # 3PC414431K133621B)

Sent by:

Scott Kroll (The sender of this payment is Verified)

Buyer email:

skroll@stx.rr.com

Payment sent to:

P.A.A.S.

Amount received:

$275.00 USD

Fee amount:

-$8.28 USD

Net amount:

$266.72 USD

Date:

Sep 27, 2011

Time:

06:49:45 PDT

Completed

Subject:

Scott Kroll

Payment :

Instant

Now here is your e-mail to me about your submissions. I hope this help you recall the items that you sent me for authentication. I have 5 additional e-mails but we will start with the 1st one.

To: specialagent711@aol.com
Sent: 9/22/2011 4:55:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: l.o.a.'s for beatles auto.'s
hi mike, just a note to let you know i am using your "for every 2,1 is free offer". is that an $80.00 discount on 6 items? anyway i just posted 6 items to you today, and you should see them on Monday. it would be great if you could email me the results after they are authenticated, and i will pay you.
1.capital meet the beatles lp cover by george in feb, 1964 in N.Y.C.
2.wonder wall music lp cover by george, late 80's.
3.auto. book page all 4 beatles, circa 1965.
4. mull of kintyre 45 pic. sleeve, by paul, linda, and paul signed denny laine's name.
unfortunately it was signed with a fiber tipped pen in jan. 1979 and has faded.
5.magazine or book photo of john and yoko, by john in N.Y.C. in early to mid 70's.
6. a disneyland fast food ticket, by george on the back, spring 1977.
if you need any more info. let me know, iv'e had this lennon for 14 years and when i bought it i thought it was real, but i had just started collecting beatles autos. after about a year or 2 i had my doubts about the authenticity so i stuck it away. now i look at it after all these years, and much more Knowledge, i still don't have a clue if it is real so i will be interested what you think. thanks, again, scott.

Mike, How about answering terrier's question? I can't see one single thing wrong with signature, and am just curious as to what exactly you don't like about it.

I will explain my opinion shortly. I am just waiting upon a response from Xperttexpert about the $400, I charged him and about the other 5 items that he sold with Letters of Authentication. I just would like to see what comapny he used to authenticate the items for him or who he used to reevaluated the autographs he claims I authenticated for him? If he lost the images I am sure I could help him find them.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service