We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I have a Global Safety Belt of Michael Jackson’s, from when He was with Jackson Five. It has Signature, S-42, and date 7-9-69. on the back. I purchased it around 1996 at a estate auction and would like to get estimate of value, as I would like to sale it.

I had it authenticated by James J. Spence Authentication’s and have pictures of it that I will try to upload.

Views: 667

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The cert checks out on JSA site, but I'd be interested to hear from more MJ experts on this board.

MJ,

What would you think of the signature if the 1969 date wasn't under it?

If it was a document, a letter or something else typically dated, I would have considered the date a slam-dunk sign of forgery...even on an autograph that looks possibly good to me, like this one. But again, on a belt, who knows why it's dated that? It was signed with the same pen as the signature, so i wasn't signed years before. 

I'm very interested in Roger's thoughts on this.

Hi Steve,

I don't like the signature at all. I don't see any of the characteristics that I look for when I'm buying MJ, personally. Now, I could be wrong here. My comfort zone with MJ is late 80's thru 90's, so anything signed before that I might not recognize. I hope it's real for Tom's sake!

To elaborate, the precision of the lowercase letters, combined with the flair of the capital letters doesn't jive to me. The younger he was, the cleaner/clearer his signature was. But the 90's style flair in the M and J (which came later on) aren't usually accompanied by the clear/clean lowercase. His lowercase letters generally look like a bunch of small humps. And I don't like that J either - doesn't look fluid.

Where's all the other MJ guys? lol

Mj fan

Thanks for your replies on my discussion, I have been trying to look at as many of Michael’s signature as I can find, some have the flair and some don’t, also the signature on the Belt is very smooth and precise and faded, like it had been worn by someone and the small size would fit a child around his age. I put it up for discussion in hope someone would know what the S-42 was for and if Michael made the date numbers as shown with the coma after day, and period after year. I have had some of my family and friends make it and none did it this way. Thanks again for your help, Tom

Ask Roger Epperson to comment on it. There's a good chance he examined it for JSA. Just post a comment and link on his page.

I sent message to Roger and ask for his comment, hope it went thru I'm not to good at this. Thanks for your help, Tom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service