We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Have you ever seen Joe Dimaggio sign an autograph with a note like this ???

This was after marilyn & joe were divorced he was her guest at the friars club dinner in 1955 .         20190522_201656.jpg

Tags: ???, Can, believe, this, you

Views: 1819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Marilyn Monroe is definitely secretarial in my opinion. 

Was her secretary  there signing for her that night ? I think not  the Birdsong were there .

Trent, it's very similar to other known secretarial Marilyns, and it's not her writing. Nothing else matters.

Trent, here is a link to Pauline's Blog online about the various Monroe secretarial style. Nothing at this page is actually by Monroe.

Monroe Secretarials by Pauline

Yes, Eric. The secretary is style-B. Glad you remembered this.

I could not forget it! Those signed Monroe candids are just amazing! I remember when David first came here with his stupendous collection - so much of everything!

I believe it was said that Beckett is now doing quick opinions. Why not ask for one? Or send the scan to an auction house and try to sell it and see the response...

Here is a link to the Beckett site - it is $10 for an opinion,

Beckett Authentication Services 

Trent,

Here's a photo from the Kuflik collection of Marilyn Monroe autographs. Notice the signature bottom-left. That's secretarially signed, and very similar to yours. Also notice how different the other Monroes in the image are:

The signed photo in the top row 4 from right is also a similar secretarial.

+1 I linked to this but missed the secretarial - I did not scroll all the way down. Good eye Steve.

Here is that sec.

You can click the image to get a closer view.

Good work Christopher. There are several examples of "Style B" secretarials such as this at the blog Pauline has which I linked that also shows a better scan of the Kuflik image - is that a preprint?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service