We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Iconic Auctions offering David Gilmour *COPIED* Signature - BAS Authenticated

Would like to expose another Gilmour autograph, this time coming from our friends at Iconic Auction. Currently listed is a cassette 'signed' by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

Problem is that the signature matches identically to a cut offered on this site a few years ago that was previously certed by PSA. After examining the cassette, there are some oddities in ink which make me believe that the signature from Iconic is a copy from the original offered here. You be the judge.

Yet again, another BAS blunder - in my opinion of course.

Iconic Auction:

http://iconicauctions.com/Pink_Floyd__David_Gilmour_Signed__Obscure...

Autograph Live

https://live.autographmagazine.com/group/free-autograph-buy-sell-tr...

Views: 5559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So depressing. 

It even comes through PSA as a pickguard. How disturbing is that?

I know , there needs to be much more up front about it

Saw this some time ago, and shared it with a few Garbage fan friends. I didn't say anything here, because I think it speaks for itself. But gluing a Newbury Comics signed booklet on a guitar and calling it a signed guitar is like lazy PT Barnum-ish stuff. 

On top of that, this is image is actually photoshopped. I could go on and on, but I'll stick with the obvious - this looks pretty unprofessional and, at best, comical. 

2 of the 3 Madonna guitars he has say "repurposed" signature in the write-up:

https://autographpros.com/?s=madonna+guitar&post_type=product

I don't know why it's not on the one you posted.

Lots of his guitars say "repurposed" in the title and/or the writeup, and make it clear that they were not signed on the actual pickguard or guitar. Most of them do. But if it's not clear to the buyer that the signature was not signed on the pickguard, yes, they should be entitled to a refund under the guarantee.

Honestly I wouldn't know what a repurposed pickguard is.

I mean we made a big deal about these when the site found out about the Maca guitars.

Now that we know the source or someone doing the same - seems like as long as he says repurposed, we should just let it slide? 

Seamus,

I can't speak for Ballroom, but I'd have no problem with dealers selling McCartney autographs transferred onto pickguards if they said that's what they did. As long as they were transferring the actual autograph and not a copy of it.  I'd want to make it clear to collectors to watch out for them, since some may sell them without saying that, but there's nothing wrong with doing that unless you represent it as the original pickguard.

In the case of Mike's pickguards, they look like sections of albums, complete with the graphics. What about this isn't honest and open?

I also don't have a problem with it, as it does indeed appear to be a different situation. The Macca guitars contained only the signatures with no additional printing, and in each case give the impression that he signed a pickguard. AFAIK, there was no mention that those signatures came from books.

Here's the dictionary definition of repurposed. And it's albums, CDs and perhaps photos that are repurposed to a pickguard:

It’s DVD cases too. Someone turned a Macca signed “The Space Within Us” into a pickguard.

We recently redesigned the Autograph Pros website and many of the product descriptions and full details have yet to be imported. The Madonna guitars like Steve mentioned are a good example of this, with 2 saying repurposed pickguard and the third pending our upcoming mass-import with full descriptions. I believe there is a strong demand for repurposed pickguards and we are excited to bring a lot of very unique items in this style to our customers.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service