We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello, and thank you beforehand for helping answer my question.  I love to collect Mickey Mantle items but I do need coaching in how to spot fakes.  what do you guys think of this Mantle signature on a recent Ebay auction?  Thank you!

Link and item number below incase the link doesnt work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190593098972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_...

Item number:190593098972

Tags: mantle, mickey

Views: 2486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting that the Examiner's findings were based on five exemplars. Seems like a woefully low number. In my view, most collectors and dealers have to see hundreds and hundreds of real vs fakes before it clicks.

Actually, my point in showing that COA was that a so-called "Forensic Examiner" compared the item in question to exemplars from handbooks, books, etc.

Hi, I just joined after inheriting a baseball I found in the bottom of a box. It appears to be a very old ball which has no marking of the make of it and the inscription reads:

Mickey Mantle

To my best friend 

This is the part I could not read. It looks like a name that starts with a B and the last name is just an initial that looks like a B.

I will try to attach some photos. You will see smudges of ink in a few different spots on the ball as if it was from the pen that wrote it.

If anyone can guess if it is authentic and possibly it's value so I can decide to keep or sell. Also, where would I get it appraised?

Thanks, Kenny

Attachments: No photo uploads here
What's up Kenny...welcome...unfortunately I don't think that ball was signed by Mickey Mantle...I never seen that signature style before

It looks like it was spelled Mantel.

Kenny the ball may have been signed by Mickey Mantle but it's not the baseball HOF Yankee.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service