We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Jimmy Stewart - Comparison of later SP and early album page

I believe I posted the photo below a couple of years ago.  I'm still intrigued.  It's an appealing Jimmy Stewart on a repro. photo in blue felt tip that originates from the Kuflick collection.  I found an earlier career album page in fountain pen that matches up to the photo signature style rather well. 

I'm still slightly on the fence about the SP (but leaning toward authentic given the provenance).  Finding this solid album page exemplar certainly makes for a great comparison.   These signatures by him would been separated by decades.

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eddy, I think you forgot to post the photos?

Thank you :-)

There are at least 3 signatures in this style out of perhaps 100 or so SP's (and the odd item) over at HD to look at if you have not. I did not go through the pages of contracts - I had to take a call.

It's certainly a lesser seen style.  I'm just struck by how close they are .... and probably separated by 40 years or so.

Was a secretary (on the photo) signing on his behalf in a less familiar, earlier and seemingly rushed style?   It would seem peculiar to me, if so.  

Decades later? It would seem "highly unlikely" for a secretary to sign decades after the album page in the earlier uncommon style, with nuances, especially if we see this style on personal later material.

Is there any word on secretarials from Kuflik? I have not heard of any, but my ear is not to the ground. 

This topic makes me think of Art Carney - his signature was pretty stable for 50 years.

I vaguely recall something about the MM's - they didn't show about 2 because they were proxy? Does this ring a bell?

Here's an in-person signed as "Jimmy Stewart" from 1973:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service