We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

To me this looks good but I would like to get other opinions. 

Views: 3924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Ballroom. So it was listed for $999 back then. Not to be a party-pooper, but something just isn't right here. 

Rockshopngavel seems to be offering a mixed bag.
I have seen good items from him and bad ones, too.
Plus he seems to have unlimited supply of rare items

what I am having a hard time with, is why, if you have the chance to get a Lennon in person autograph, would you hand him this mess.

It probably want like that when lennon signed it.

I don't know, but they have two items listed that I had bid on elsewhere.

yeah its possible. but strange that the damage conveniently stops right at the signature.

the only strange thing is that it sold 3 or 4 times on e bay for the $900 mark and then someone buys it for $930 leaves a positive feedback so recieved it and was happy and then lists it on a 1 day kamikaze listing and is happy with $101 thats the only mystery for me, but i suppose you never know someones circumstances 

It was actually listed for sale under a different eBay ID than the one shown as having won it from Memorabilia Vault. It appears that it may have been the second place bidder that listed the item, but the winning bidder left feedback for Memorabilia Vault.

Okay, I'm with Steve. There's something very strange going on here.

Gio, you said yourself the sig look 1969/70ish. Do Beatles signatures often appear together that point in time? Where is the inscription?

I agree with all of Terry's comments re placement and more, and those of Rogers Wright above

Eric

If the album was signed in such condition, Lennon could have chosen that spot to sign - but that leaves us with the notion of someone presenting this seriously mucked up item (not impossible).

If not, Lennon signed and the damage fortuitously occurred around the signature? (not quite imaginable given the nature of the wear)

Its fake/something else.

What is simply more likely? And the price history Steve mentions below.

Eric

I don't think that part's strange because it's a 1970s Lennon signature. But everything else is strange, Gio. You bought it for little more than a tenth of what it sold for before. I'm not confident it's real, frankly. And it was sold stating that it was OK'd by Epperson by online opinion, which is meaningless unless you're the one who sent it in. We don't even know if he actually saw it at all.

Who was the seller? Can you post a link?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service