We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hello,

I'm thinking of submitting an application to join the above registered dealer programs.

Is it difficult getting acceptance? Is there a particular criteria they're looking for? Will I be required to send them items for inspection?

I'm a new seller/buyer/trader but collected for a long time and like most here abide by a similar code of ethics as them but I think it does give the customer that extra peace of mind.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This might be more of a question for fellow dealers regarding what the pluses/minuses of UACC and or AFTAL membership are. From a collector standpoint, the prestige of both clubs has dropped substantially over the past decade. I don't think I'm alone in those sentiments.

I wouldn't trust some of the dealers associated with either of those organisations as far as I could throw them. So many obvious fakes but nothing gets done. To a novice collector it may be of importance but not to the experienced collector. 

If you have good authentic autographs, in good condition, and price within the perimeters of the marketplace, you will be successful. I do not think being a member or this or that organization makes a big difference. The reputation you build will be the determining factor.

Thanks for the feedback, food for thought.
In my experience AFTAL dealers are a bit of a joke

Plenty of forgeries sold by their dealers

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service