We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/124/

They have at least 100 Michael Jackson signed items -- how many are good (if any?)

Views: 3240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about this pre-print Elvis they have up:

They have a bunch of Elvis autographs up. A few look good, a few need a look from Epperson or Consola and a few are laughably bad.

That preprint is up to $1,500.

Amazing amount of MJ signed stuff.  I am sure some of it is real, but who the heck is their authenticator when they have a very common Elvis pre-print up for auction as 'signed'.  How has Julien's been in the past with music items? 

Ever since the Bush MJ auction from Juliens, i look at all auction houses differently. I just cant believe what went on in the Bush/Juliens MJ thread. Its shocking to this day that the auction was allowed to proceed

Exactly.  Because they're a big auction house doesn't mean they have the know-how to avoid auctioning off questionable material or even obvious forgeries.  These places seem apt to make the biggest messes since they deal with high value items and, due to their reputation, people just blindly trust them and bid aggressively.

Agree Rich. With all the controversy over that Bush auction at Juliens, including news broadcasts, i would have thought any big auction would have pulled them with no question. As the evidence was in my opinion, beyond overwhelming. And after it was allowed to proceed, I was stunned. For example, RR auction is about as good as they come, and i often have accepted that there items were genuine, with no thought at all, and they almost always are. But after the Julians auction, i now even view the best outfits, like RR, with the scrutiny that i do an ebay auction. I still just cant believe that Bush Julians auction was allowed to proceed. Especially after the news coverage.

The auction had die-hard fans in it who LOVED Mr. Bush because he was Michael's designer.  Even with a signed standee that was manufactured after he died was staring them directly in the face, they didn't believe it.  And then Darren covered that one up and pulled the item.  The fans followed Darren and Mr. Bush like little sheep.  It was gross.  I did have to chuckle though at one point and think.... I pity the fool who ends up using that Dbl L sig or Bush example as a tattoo some day lol :)

Bruce,

I am actually going through all the autographs of Michael Jackson items and will be listing my opinions.

Some may shock you or may not...

I can't wait to see your opinions Prashant. =)

Thanks Sandra!

I will be posting them either tonight or tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.  

Hi Bruce. IMO the majority of the MJ autos in this lot appear to be forgeries. In fact, I saw most of these autos in previous Julien's auctions. I wouldn't be surprised if burned bidders are attempting to unload these forgeries on unsuspecting collectors.

what seems mega curious is that Julien's   put any M J autographs into  this   auction after what happened previously.  There were a couple of non M J items I was interested in but I personally would find it  now risky to buy at Juliens  as I would worry about the ethics of a major auction company that chose to run the  original M J auction , clearly with a eye on profits , rather than pull the items  .

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service