We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Thank you, President Biden, for your 52 Years of Service to all Americans.

On August 3,1980 I attended a wedding in NY and was told by someone I met that John Lennon walks by the corner of 72nd and Central Park West every Monday at noon when he's in NY. The next morning, a Monday, I bought the Imagine album and stood on the corner with a friend at 11:45. No John. At 1:45, the friend left. Finally, at 3:45 I saw John approaching with an elderly man. My hands began to shake, and when I asked John to sign the album, he asked me how long I'd been waiting. I said four hours and he replied, "Then I'll have to sign, won't I?". He had the beginnings of a new beard and signed his name as a mustache, then scribbled in a beard and said, "That's more like it now, wouldn't you say?". I thought I would pass out from the heat and from being in the presence of half of the greatest song writing team that ever lived.

Views: 2462

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent story...I kick myself that I never went up and hung out at the Dakota..I'm 50...if I was only 15 or 16 again!

At the time I didn't even know he lived there, I was just following instructions.

Great story. Your perseverance paid off. Great story! It's a great piece and worth many grand. 

Thanks, Dave

Awesome! I wish I could be you at this time. Unbelievable!

Keep this treasure  well and safe.

Regards from Germany from Uwe

Thanks, Uwe!

An amazing and beautiful story. As a lifetime Beatles fan it would be a dream to meet any of the Beatles and in particular my hero John Lennon. It always saddens me that I will never get to meet him but it was lovely to read how you met him and it really makes me think how I would have been, exactly like you 'shaken with fear'. It so cool that he was very friendly to you, what a great memory. Thanks indeed for sharing, enjoy the autograph, it really is the best you can own, a personal signed for autograph, nothing beats that in my opinion. Peace and Love to you and yours.

Thank you, Beatlebum. I, too, am a lifetime Beatles fan. I clearly remember watching them on Ed Sullivan in 1964 at the age of nine with my older sister screaming at the tv, and my father thinking she was crazy. Today, I appreciate the beauty of their music more than ever.

Great story!

Thanks, Wilson!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service