We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Lot of Michael Jackson signatures... real or fake? (Forger Erick Oswaldo McKay, Erick Mckay Burgos) marc-at2014, always-4-fun, bluelifesaver, disneycolector eBay names

Hope I'm asking this in the right section...
I've recently bumped into this person's little collection of MJ sigs...

http://billiejean5809.deviantart.com/gallery/

My concern is that all those sigs look too similar... I'm thinking they're signed by the same person, but I'm stumped as to if they're really Michael.

Thank you for any opinions/help in advance.

MODERATOR NOTE:  All of Erick McKay Burgos' art folders on Deviant Art have been removed by him after being outted here.  They were screen captured before his removal and are listed below.   Please use them to reference as you read through this thread.

Tags: Burgos, Erick, Jackson, Jacksons, McKay, Michael, always-4-fun, always-last-1, always.top.10, bluelifesaver, More…disneycolector, jacksong, marc-at2014, song_jack

Views: 62882

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Now if you go to the top of this gallery and do a search in Google on the email address (artbyburkay228@gmail.com)  you'll find there are actually two galleries, his is MJ one, and his own drawingshere.   The exact style of drawing/art as the one MJ did above - with eyes all over, and fuzzy type lines--there are dozens of them in his folders."

---------

Excellent piece of detective work! :)

I am a little confused, who is Maria Arreguin? 

I got 4 pieces that I posted here, I am just curious enough to get opinions.

I am not selling these at all.

I looked at this guy billiejean? and his/her devian site has plenty of everything and frankly who cares? I don't

But I like the work you guys did looking and searching for clues, fakes and forgeries.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Thanks much

Great Job, Wascher. I don't know the art well, but the signature on the one I saw looked greally good to me.

I just checked the link to the Deviant Art site. Those aren't the same style MJ autograph as the one I think is good. I must have lost a bit of the conversation.

Steve- I could be lost also, forgive me, but I believe the one you commented on first was
http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/54684130?profile...
the same one Erick has as his user pic.
You said- "I think the gardner told you the truth. Very nice."
Then Erick posted another two MJ sigs he wanted opions on, on this page
http://live.autographmagazine.com/group/michael-jackson-autographs-... 
and that's when I thought they looked like the ones I had mentioned on this thread.
And after the additional sites Wascher dug up... I've looked back at all of the galleries and deviantART and to me they all look like the same hand. Yikes.

Gosh, I really hope I'm not insulting anyone with that last comment. I'm afraid I may be though and I'm sorry!! :( Steve, I hope you're talking about a different sig, lol.
...ARE you're talking about a different one you liked? Not the one I just mentioned?

Ema,

You're right, that's the one. If don't know MJ's art, but the autograph looked good. I'm not as sure as I was before tho. MJ can be tough and I haven't looked at many the last year. The ones I saw on the link to the Deviant Art page that also had the Lennon forgeries were quite different and not even close forgeries.

Ema Dan, I admire your infatuation with Michael Jackson forgeries, and even when you are impling that I am all those guys you have mentioned I am not even upset because frankly, I have a life that is not to be wasted chasing valueless issues.

I assume you have been burned before? 

This is simple, contact the Michael Jackson estate and his lawyers and demand an investigation.

Again, one  more time; No matter what coa/loa you get from the very best in authentication, they will never guarantee you the item is legit because only the one getting it in person will be able to say yes this is legit.

I respect your opinion, but...................how do you know Michael did not do those rare drawings? (my friend's that is).

Good nite.

You know how we can tell its you Erick. Phrases like "im glad your infatuated with michael jackson signatures". 

Sorry to have caused all this nonsense, I just had this 4 pieces and needed an opinion. I am not selling them, I am not thinking profit, just a collector looking for feedback.

But I still think this site it's great and will be a menber for ever because in here you learn.

Have a great week Steve.

Erick, Ema brought the Deviant Art site up on January 21st.  I was replying to her thread on what I see on that site. 

Every one of those signatures were made by the same hand. and the hand is not Michael's. Lol.

Sandra Rose- You summed that up pretty damn well, haha. That's why I started this thread. Thank you.

Wascher- I'm extremely impressed by your detective skills. I followed your links and I think the evidence is clear also. I'm so glad we can add this style of signature to the "fakes", because when I started this thread I was confused by it. All the diversity in signed materials and drawings, didn't add up with the "same" sig everywhere for me, however, if I only saw one of them I wouldn't know real from fake (some of them are better fakes then others, even if I recognised they are by the same non-MJ hand)... Talking this out with all of you, I'm glad we reached the right conclusion.
Thank u again for the detective work. :)

Erick-  :(

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service