We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Views: 2292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont like it but see what others say  Have you got your  money back on the 'bowie'

I was going to but no. I had have roger Epperson take a look he said it’s real,going to send it for another coa. Andy Peter seems alright I think some people hold a grudge he is highly regarded why would he ruin his reputation to sell fakes.

There is no such person as Andy Peters. At any rate, even with a full LOA from anyone (sounds like you had a quick opinion), you will still have the problem of that signature being recognized as a Ford Bowie, without showing any papers at all. It is the signature/source combination. Most of the Bowie's I sold had "Peters" papers, eventually, because I got them, but the items were found in the wild by me.  I think maybe Mikex might be a Bolan collector? I am not fond of this one..

If the rest of the story you told me the seller fed you were posted here, I do believe you'd hear even more reasons NOT to keep that item. Why not share these details?

And again, I would never sell that classic LP signed and dated for under $1500+ which is twice what you paid. One is lucky to get a modern CD signed for $700. Young Americans - signed in 1975? I can think of a very good explanation.

I'd want to know why it is/was Ford getting paid and giving refunds (to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars)?  That was my experience. YMMV. 

I only hear good things about the website and his reputation. I want to believe you but there is no proof if you send proof here pictures to back up your claims I would have sent it back. But it seems like there is non or non that you have photo evidence of. I emailed Epperson and been speaking to him on the matter he says it’s authentic and doesn’t understand the claims. 

"I only hear good things about the website and his reputation".

That statement is patently false. 

You only believe the good things that you hear.  You've heard lots of bad things, which you choose to ignore.

To be honest, you seem to be an easy mark for forgers and this will be a very expensive and ultimately disappointing hobby for you, sorry to say.

Why not look for a Bowie that everyone thinks is real, for example?

Not exactly as a matter of fact it’s only few on here that seem to says he’s not good yet hit website is still up and people still hold him up as a top Bowie Authenticator.

The only person that agreed w you has apparently changed his mind leaving roughly no one

+1

You did not hear good things here, I know what. I have already shown you the "Bowie signed" lithograph which I bought from "Andy" but it was Tony's name in my PP when I looked after hearing about this. It was Tony who refunded me. Why?

Why would he refund more than $50,000 to collectors if this was untrue? Would you?

Below is the item I bought from "Andy" from his site, and then refunded by Tony Ford without question, like so many others.

That is not good enough? O.K. I am listed still at his site as an "expert" or whatever and I am saying I would NEVER go near that source again. 

What kind of proof do you need? 

I understand but he may have refunded as he cannot be right all the time people make mistakes. As for the refunding 50,000 is there any proof to this? I understand you are and were a helper on his site but he has experience still in Bowie signed items more than the likes of Beckett and jsa.

I wonder who might have looked at some of those Bowie's? Hard to say. "Andy" currently says on his site I have the best out out here - you disagree with "Andy/Tony"? Just some of the time or?

IF you follow "Andy's" own suggestions on his site this sale is not to be believed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service