We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Marilyn Monroe signed flamingo hotel menu Las Vegas real ? fake ?

Does anybody think this Marilyn signature looks real?
The menus from the mid 1950's
It's certified by GFA and AAU
it's being sold by antiquities of California for
850.00 sounds like a good price but i am hesitant.

Tags: Marilyn, Monroe, menu, signed

Views: 3850

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So they specially notified just you?

What do think a genuine strongly signed menu like this, with good condition and great contrast, would be worth?

I, too, am curious what they are selling it for?

Also, I'd love to see some of the other items you purchased from them.

$850!

I also wonder just how much Chris has spent with them as it might relate to being "specially notified"...

Purchases
Bob Dylan -
blonde on blonde cover signed
Gram parsons-
Note card signed
The Bobby fuller four-
Page out of an autograph book

You purchased Gram Parsons and Bobby Fuller "signatures" from Antiquities? That's surprising. I've never seen those names from them.

They had a Beverly Hills hotel menu signed by her prior
I was asking about it but it sold and they had this

"Monroe Menu March Madness Month"?

No special notify
I asked about something I had seen at there store it sold and was told about this

I should think you'd have a good idea who NOT to trust if you have been collecting for some time. Yes, there are things written about nearly everyone, but some folks get...special attention. Why might that be?

The signature? It is very legible for an IP Monroe. Odd baseline. Some strange formations. The source and authenticators tip the scales completely in my opinion. Why do you think it is genuine?

I thought with the menu being from 1953-54 her signings were
More legible and as a few years passed with fame came more quick signings making them less legible.
I also thought the personal
TO and LOVE AND KISSES helps.
The one thing that is different or irregular is
Circled in the photo.
But what do i know
Just a fan
Attachments: No photo uploads here

That is not the only thing by far, but you did well to spot that problem area. You are getting consistent, and in my opinion, very good advice here from the members here. I suggest listening to it. The larger names, and this is among them, require much careful study and often the opinions of several experts to avoid trouble. I don't suggest buying without those measures, and certainly not based on any certificate alone.  

I'm curious, Chris, what convinced you to buy it?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service