We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100938

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, so the fan's who buy this garbage spot the obvious, but the TPA's can't.  The "experts" who charge money to look at these ridiculous fakes can't see the obvious.

Or maybe they're the ones consigning them, and hope no-one notices.

Don't just give them an easy out, perhaps the Marilyn and JFK nonsense again.  Protect our buddies who lie, and cheat, and finally get caught, who sell Mozart hair.  Disgusting. And yet still give them credibility?  My "go to" guy?

The people doing this can't be that stupid.  Perhaps a good forgery on the signature could sneak by, but these drawings???

Give me a break.

Where's epperson, frost, or R&R.  Who consigned them to r&r.  You probably already know.

I can hardly wait for the lying spins, insults and threats.

What I am saying to you both, is you seem to want to blame the authenticator solely for EVERYTHING -no blame goes to the forgers at all, nor to a dealer who has now changed up his story.  That is what I have a bit of a hard time with. 

The priority here (imo) should be to stop this before it goes any further, find out where they are coming from and get them off the market.

-w 

If the authenticator is fooled, I don't blame them.  And I always blame the forger.

But, if I think the authenticator was aware of the scam, and people only bought based on their expertise, I blame them more.

Could Roger possibly have looked into these, and the ones sold by R&R, and after even a little due diligence, emphatically claim they are without a doubt "no question" good?

That's a rhetorical question.

Who consigned them to R&R?  R&R knows, and is probably following this thread.

Jeffects,

What proof do you have that he was aware of the scam? I know for a fact he was not.

I don't think Epperson would knowingly cert a fake
But it looks like he's done quote a few in this batch and I think that if a TPA makes a mistake they should be held accountable

You are right, Sam. 

Steve,

Then you know more about it then I do, all I know is what I've read here.

I don't claim to know anything about what Roger knows, or doesn't know.

If you think these laughable jokes fooled Roger, then I'm fine with that.

Apparently the only other people fooled, were the ones who bought them, based on Rogers stamp of approval, unequivocally, at that.

Yes the forgers are bad and whoever concocted the story as well BUT No other TPA would get a pass on something on such a huge scale like this that Epperson is getting that's what I see as weird

And if he was swayed by the story that went with the autos then he failed authentication 101

I think it goes without saying that the forger is the source of the problem. I don’t think anyone is taking any blame away from the forger. In any case, I was told that I’m “too trusting” for accepting provenance that as far as I’m concerned backs up and is backed up by the associated signatures. I think it would be very disingenuous to use false provenance as an excuse for what happened here. No, I see some the same elements from the Jerry Lee Lewis discussions repeated in this one. You did your research and figured it out regardless of the provenance.

Agree

How many description on ebay say "signed in person" or "I saw this signed myself" we never should go off the story alone.
Well then why do people always complain about psa, global and jsa if it's not the TPA fault?
Sorry I'm Not sure what that has to do with this thread

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service