We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130630

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes that's Mike's real sig.

God bless you and thank you , Carl for sharing your personal experience and thereby further educating ALL of us as it relates to dispelling the assertion that prescription medication could in any POSSIBLE way explain these hundreds of fake Michael Jackson signatures.

Just want to mention, the two handlers you see on either side of MJ at the Invincible signing are Frank and Eddie Cascio. The very same Cascios who we have been talking about passing off and selling (with the estate) fake Michael Jackson songs on the 2010 CD "Michael". It's not MJ singing the Cascio bother's songs. Additionally, Frank has "written" and sold an exploitative book on MJ entitled: "My Friend Michael". Michael knew (and trusted) the whole Cascio family for over 25+ years. Just as he knew and trusted Michael Lee Bush for over 25+ years.

Michael Jackson truly could trust no one.

Carl,

I had no idea what you've been dealing with. I'm sorry. Thanks for giving us insight on what Jackson probably was dealing with and how little it probably affected his autographs.

Take care

Please, we need to stop giving credence to the propagated lie by those determined to sell these forgeries and to once again throw Michael under the bus to do so.

The drugged thing does NOT fly.

Do we see these kind of discrepancies in the signatures of the likes of the Stones, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, .... need I go on?

This kind of shameless, unsubstantiated character attack could only be done to Michael Jackson - could, would and has.  He spent his lifetime trying to get out from under these ignorant, hateful lies and distortions of character.

As someone recently stated in this thread, just like the Ca$cios and their fake MJ songs - once they were found out by us, the spin by them (and the estate) has been that we were wrong, the "crazy fans" are wrong. They claimed they had MJ vocal demos, MJ hand written lyrics - NONE of it was ever produced.

This is the SAME thing. It's their modas operandi. Darren can claim (unofficially via sources having posted on this discussion who I find to be intentionally counter productive) that he has an alleged "video" of Michael signing these hundreds of fan souvenir items for Bush. Darren Julien and Michael Lee Bush can claim Michael was F*d up.  Suuuure.  Why not.  It's Michael Jackson.  People will believe anything about him - and only him. Meanwhile, they have shown NO PROOF of anything.  Meanwhile, the proof is right there for ALL of us to see. And we HAVE SEEN.

These are all fakes mass produced in one sitting or within a close proximity of time and YET they are dated years apart AND manifest a style of writing/signature NO ONE experienced, knowledgeable and researched in authentic Michael Jackson signatures has EVER SEEN HIM PRODUCE.

This is what they want. To confuse, deflect and scatter us. We NEED to and MUST stay focused on rational observation, analysis and comparison.

And to contact the proper channels to report this outrageous display of willful unethical greed.

I think we all know these are fakes and all have dozens of MJ's autographs if not hundreds between us. I have a dozen myself, my friend Thomas has over 150 autographs from MJ. Signed outside Neverland 2005 during the trial, in Vegas 2008 and LA 2009, none have been signed in the style being presented for sale at Juliens. Some are signed roughly most signed in the style of John Paul C thriller album, some with stars and so neat just like how he signed his Moonwalk auto book. But none like Bush's.

i've also seen MJ signed autographs to hundreds of fans, sometimes in total darkness with its sunglasses own, and they never ever looked like those being sold at this auction. 

Let's face it, they will never recognize them as fake, so let's alert the most medias. 

Graham-----please email me
Hi John will email you once I can access my server it's playing up
Sample letter. Send to as many media outlets as possible.

Breaking News!
EXPOSE FORGERIES - Michael Jackson at Julien's auction house.

Attention all media outlets:
After much research and investigation, the autograph authentication community and Michael Jackson fans worldwide have concluded the multi-million dollar collection of Michael Jackson memorabilia to be auctioned Dec 2nd, 2012 at Julien's auction house in Beverly Hills has been defaced with hundreds of FORGERIES of Michael Jackson's signature.

Extensive research including photo comparisons here:
http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/michael-jackson-sign...

The collection was in the possession of Michael Bush, Michael Jackson's longtime costume designer. Every article in the 400+ item auction has been defaced with a fake Michael Jackson signature that does not resemble Michael Jackson's known authentic signature.

After much questioning by autograph authenticators and fans, Julien's finally attempted to explain the forgeries through an equally unbelievable and typically demeaning story - that Michael Jackson had signed all of the items under the influence of drugs while recovering at Bush's house from procedures done at Dr. Klein's office. Supposedly, Bush used this as an opportunity to have Michael sign hundreds of items. This is factually not true. Further, even if Michael Jackson was under the influence of drugs, his signature would not simply morph into a different signature with the characteristics of Bush's signature.

There are many more levels of deceit. Now under pressure, Bush and Julien's are attempting to hide this controversy and are ignoring and blocking anyone who questions the authenticity of the signatures in an effort to prevent bidders from realizing they are in fact fake.

Those concerned about the integrity of the autograph and collecting industry, and Michael Jackson fans worldwide, call on your media outlet to expose the truth. This is yet another case of someone taking advantage of Michael Jackson, using him for their own gain, and invoking his battle with pain medication as a justification.

We encourage you to investigate and expose this story, before the auction concludes on Dec 2nd.

That looks great, I wouldn't be surprised if some news stations ran a segment on it. It will also get some more people checking out this site.

But the worn items that are up for auctions are authentic but not the autographs. But a few years back Julien auction house did sell very authentic MJ autographs.

And they still do. It just seems they dont investigate or check things out too well. They take peoples word on face value- and it seems it all depends on who you are. How do we really know the items are genuine, we kinda have to suspect it too. It seems like they are. Of course there could be several items that were doubles, but I would think that would only be tour worn items for concerts. Some things would be one of a kind. Bush was the designer. He could re make these items I guess. I just dont understand why you would deface genuine items? The whole thing doesnt make sense, yet all i know is These are NOT MJ signed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service