We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know that we could absolutely get Darren on this, but Bush, he just hangs himself all over the place.   The article actually talks about the White House coat and what it fetched as well. 

And this is just sarcasm:  “Most of this stuff in the auction has been under my bed, in a closet, sometimes in a garage,” says Bush. “Nobody saw [it]. This way, it’s out in the world like his music is. …"  wonder where the standee was sitting all these yrs.

I think Julien's big mistake was greed. The whole auction would have been classier had they stuck to the costumes and not thrown everything and literally the ironing board into the lot.

How could they find the time to verify and check everything properly in that huge mountain of stuff?

I guess once he had squeezed both eyes shut and accepted the autographs, checking the rest didn't matter anymore.

Sorry for my absence the past few days but I want to assure you, that I have not stopped working on this case and gathering facts and information. I have not received a letter nor Lawsuit from Julien's at this time but I have been waiting and have already spoken to a couple of attorneys that said once we are served a lot of things will have to be offered during Discovery procedures and most likely would include physical examination of the items in question and the names and information of each buyer.
I feel that a lot of the questions and issues should be addressed to the consigner and not so much to the auction house. The auction house much like ebay acts as a middleman between the buyer and the seller and would not be guilty of nothing more then trusting and excepting the providence of their consigner.  I think by getting Darren to listen and to except some of the facts he could be a big help in cleaning up this situation. I do not feel all the negative attacks against him can help him in making that decision. I am still waiting on a promised phone call from Darren and I would be happy to meet with him.  
I have also been working on getting Lady Gaga more involved and to make a statement. She has been out of the country and it has been very difficult to take advantage of some connections I have. This may change in the next week or so.
Once again thank you for the great job done by all in exposing many important facts. 

it doesn't make if julien didn't do anything or not plus he doesn't care he made his money with this auction already. 

EXCUSE ME Mr Frost, you have got to be kidding, is this some kind of a joke! If it was not for Darren we would not be in the situation we are in, Consumers have been scammed out of FIVE MILLION dollars, you are welcome to sit and meet and greet with Darren as you please, but please keep these kind of comments away from us, we have not worked tirelessly for the past four plus weeks to get Darren to "Listen" to us, the damage is done! Crime has been committed, a lot of heads are going to roll by the time i am done, i did not begin this just for fun! Darren created this mess if it was not for HIM, Juliens this would not have happened. Bush had no chance of accomplishing this without Juliens, Darren was informed, he chose to turn a blind eye because of greed. You are not getting emails from those that have been scammed out of hard earned money! How dare you come here with this kind of suggestion.  If you feel to bail out please do so, but do not, i repeat do not think i will shake hands with the devil! Sorry to everyone else, when i have something to say i say it, Mr Frost inform Darren to return everyone's money, the whole FIVE MILLION! Until then SCREW DARREN JULIENS AND SCREW BUSH AND SCREW ANYONE ELSE who thinks we will bow down to any of the above!

I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!

Mike,

I know you mean well and just want everyone to be able to work together, but you know that I went to Darren Julien to try to help him to listen from the start. And you've seen what he's done in return.

It's clear that Julien's has been well aware all along of the forgeries and misrepresented unsigned lots in the Tompkins & Bush sale. We can't let them get away with it.

We're here first and foremost to protect fans and collectors. Nothing matters more. And then to help dealers and auction houses that care about their clients. Julien's Auctions has shown that they are not one of them.

You have been very brave recently, Mike. You've impressed me with your strength, determination, and sense of justice; and you've had to take a lot of flack for it. Don't let Julien's intimidate you. 

I think Mr Frost posted on the wrong site??? This is the autograph site.

There is also so much behind the scene info that people don't know coming into this only on the authenticating side... the history of all of the people intertwined together in this mess.  From Bush, to Darren, to the Charitiy the book provides for, to people who run the estate.  Its one giant cluster F of people weaved into this.  All pocketing $.  

And that's the Truth.

I don't see the truth as an attack.

Darren's a big boy who's made clear choices in how to conduct himself in our society, just as we all do everyday.

Darren might want to answer his defrauded customers' ongoing emails and phone calls, repeatedly asking for refunds. THOSE ARE THE INDIVIDUALS WHO'VE BEEN ATTACKED.

Other examples of attacks:

1.)  Having the contents of your home cleaned out without your knowledge of consent while you are out of the country and then having to go to court to recover your personal property.

http://www.scribd.com/collections/3945289/Michael-Jackson-V-Darren-...

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2009/03/07/auction-network-pulls-t...

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2009/04/03/juliens-auctions-claims...

The complaint charges:

Claim and Delivery [Detinue]
    Conversion
    Rescission Based on Fraud
    Fraud – Promissory Fraud
    Fraud – Intentional Misrepresentation
    Unfair Business Practices
    Breach of Fiduciary Duty
    Declaratory Relief

The "cleaner outer's" response??? :

Mind you, Michael DID end up WINNING this case, but not before Darren harassed and ball busted right up to the end.

2.)  Evander Holyfield.  Again, another person having to go to court to recover their personal property (from the same one who has shown a history of this underhanded behavior):

"...the lawsuit claims the ex-boxer was often distracted while items were being catalogued and sorted."  .....  "If, on the other hand, Holyfield is forced to sell those few items of personal property that have the very most sentimental value to him as he looks back over his career, and which he wants to pass down to future generations of his family, the hardship is overwhelming and irreparable," the lawsuit states.
http://www.centurylink.net/sports/read.php?id=19128150&ps=1000&...

Darren's response???

a.)   "The president of the auction house, Darren Julien says he is confident he will the win the case and the 12 disputed items will still be sold."   http://www.newser.com/article/da2mjun80/judge-blocks-auction-of-som...

b.)  "Evander destroyed his own auction,” Darren Julien told World Boxing News.  “It did just under $1,000,000, but had he supported it and not pulled the key items it would have done $3,000,000 - $5,000,000.  Bidders were very upset that he pulled the key items.  He’s his own worst enemy."
http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/12/holyfield-destroyed-his-own-...

For Darren it's ALL about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Profiteering Predator.

3.)  Another example of an attack(er):  Spending one's time filing claims with web service providers against this public information forum in a self-serving effort to repress the facts of the people's findings here.

We ALL make our choices in life.  Up to this very moment, julien has continued to make to same quality of choice.  Furthermore, we are all RESPONSIBLE for our freely willed choices and the consequences which follow them.

Very true. Julians has been waist deep in this, and unless he is truly blind, he knows what is going on by now. He should step up, but it doesnt appear he will.

And if he has pulled stuff like this with MJ and Holyfield, how many other countless celebrities has it happened too? The makeup is really coming off now in regards to this company. I had no idea before all of this as to what has been going on.

Right now im holding my tongue on certain issues, in respect to Steve, and out of hope that i will be proved wrong. I surely hope that I am.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service