We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

[CYRKIN NOTE: "FAKE" added to title because COA is counterfeit.]

Hi,

what do you think about this MJ autograph along with the Epperson COA?

I am not into MJ's signature and I also don't know whether this Epperson COA is legit (isn't he using serial numbers for his COAs, also the Epperson signature looks very slowly written).

Tags: epperson, jackson, michael

Views: 368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If RACC was established in 2016 how can that certificate have a date of 2011? The signature and numerals appears unusual to me as well. Others will have more information.

As you said, just saying RACC alone is enough to prove the LOA is fake. And if the LOA is fake the autograph will be too.

A minimum of research should show this for what it is. 

This should be an authentic 2011 REAL cert for comparison:

The OP appears a cut & pasted copy.

Terrible

I added "FAKE" to title since Epperson LOA is a counterfeit.

Good deal Steve.

Hey colleagues,

I just stumbled across this post by accident - and immediately went and checked my Michael Jackson autograph that I bought in 2019 from private person a so-called "M. Kogler", from Groedig, Austria, via ebay Kleinanzeigen (a German classifieds page).

As it looked real at first glance and came with 2 COAs - one from Roger Epperson, one from UACC Reg. Dealer Nr. 112, Mr. George J. Houle, I felt super safe when buying.

Now - 5 years later I have to realize that it was all a big scam! Damn it! I bought a fake!

What can we learn from this?

a) The power of COAs is enormous

b) COAs can obviously be faked very easily and always need to be examined carefully (I did not know that RACC was only founded in 2016!) although they appear real and right!

c) COAs should be made more "secure", e.g. numbered or better stored in a public database for review (a picture and description of the object is mandatory in my opinion)

d) A COA from a respected dealer might easily and quickly lead to a second backing COA without careful examination (one authenticator relies on another one)

e) The autograph fake business seems to be very lucrative and those crooks do not only steal money away from us but also the joy of collecting autographs!

I do not want to blame anybody except myself for not digging deeper or noticing the fake COA and fraud. But things like that really do not bring delight to our common hobby!!!

Below my autograph on the same photo together with the two COAs for further reference.

If I only knew how I could fight against this and get my money back after such a long time...

Any thoughts from your perspective?

Kind regards
Markus

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service