We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

We have had this auto for awhile hanging in our store & within the last couple months we listed it on eBay. It has been on eBay now for a few months w/ no watchers which surprised me to not have even 1 person watch the item. We recently sent it to auction instead of BIN. This spurred an interest in searching this COA company online & lead me to this site.

We are not a autograph store & we do not specialize in autographs, we simply BUY, SELL & TRADE from our retail store location similar to a pawn shop w/ NO pawn. We buy things we feel we can sell fast or add to our shops atmosphere.

My reasoning for joining this site is to get more info on the autographs we have & to see what more experienced people can tell me about pieces we come across.

We have a very good rep on eBay & I don't want it tarnished by selling garbage.

Can anyone tell me what they think about this:

Michael Jordan Beckett (Autographed) w/ COA by GAS General Admission Sports Authentication?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JORDAN-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPH-BECKETT-TRI...

Tags: jordan, michael

Views: 991

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, garbage.

Not a problem :) Can you tell me why? Or better what to look for & what you are seeing that tells you.

I am about to pull the ad but would like to know more if you have the time to explain.

Go to Ebay and search for Michael Jordan UDA and you will find items that were signed in the presence of Upper Deck representatives. Compare them to yours and you will clearly see this one is not close to those.

I'm not going into detail on here about the issues with it but it should be clear if you compare it to authentic examples. Since Upper Deck witnesses all signatures, any with a UDA cert are authentic unless the item was switched out which is unlikely.

Ty, that really does not help me. They look the same to me, hence the reason I am here asking. If I could tell by comparing, I would never have listed this.

Please can others help confirm this so I feel good & confident in pulling this ad.

I have very little confidence in any Jordan item not coming from UDA. Seeing the certificate from GAS turns me off even more. I place paid attention to this industry for a long time and have never heard of them.
On quick glance, the M looks ok but it falls off after that. The way the rest of the name is formed does not look like the hand of Jordan imo.

Ty so much for taking the time to give such great educated answer.

The M & the J are both so tricky, both look ok, IMO, but I am clueless to this stuff.

Can anyone else chime in on their thoughts of this? Does anyone think it could be real?

So you just relisted it at a lower starting price even though the opinions you asked for is that it is not authentic. Typical.

GAS for a reason..... Pour GAS , light , repeat.

Randy, you're an a**hole, PERIOD!

Thanks for nothing & please avoid my future posts. Check my eBay track record before opening your mouth. 

I signed up here under my shops name. I posted my eBay links here. I AM NOT HIDING, I am gathering knowledge to protect my business & customers. I am not heavy into autographs & came here for help. Once I got the info I felt trustworthy, I felt comfortable in making my decision. You're a joke man, mad I wouldn't base my decision solely of your lame reply. You came off like a d*****. So I waited til I heard from educated people who seemed more intelligent.

I needed good info which you didn't come off professional or someone I wanted to base my decision off of.

Please watch your language "Rewind", this site is viewed by all ages.  

Wascher - moderator

I gave my opinion and referred you to UDA Jordan items which clearly your autograph does not come close to matching.

You take down the original link on Ebay posted here leading us to believe you did the right thing. That would have likely been the end of this discussion.

However, I noticed you had already relisted this item on Ebay with a lower selling price buried in your other listings.

I merely pointed out that FACT and you went off. Selling a forgery for a lower price is not an option. It is either REAL or NOT.

Never was PSA/DNA or JSA mentioned in this discussion by any member but your final post was that you would only trust UDA and them in the future which clearly means you already knew much more about autographs and authenticity than you at first owned up to.

You did finally pull the bogus item after all other members here agreed with me so that is a good thing.

I wonder if it is still hanging in your shop for sale?

Who is General Admission Sports Authentication?  The COA is worthless, from a nobody in the business.  

I'm going to concur with the forum - Jordan is possibly the most forged autograph of this generation, so if it's not from Upper Deck and you can't verify with 100% certainty the source (or get a conclusive authentication of the signature itself), it should be avoided completely.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service