We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi Everyone, I would like peoples opinion on the authenticity of this autograph. I have been collecting Jordan memorabilia for quite awhile and believe in to be authentic but I had a quick opinion done by PSA and they say its 'likely not genuine'. I know in the past people have personally got items signed then requested PSA opinion ans they said 'likely not genuine' even though the person actually got the item signed themselves in person so PSA have got there opinion wrong in the past. Would like some input..Thanks P.S. I have asked PSA as to how they came up with there opinion and if they took in to account the surface being signed on and the stitching that could make it harder to sign on and am awaiting there response.

Tags: Authentic, Autograph, Jordan, Michael, Not?, or

Views: 2774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I do value this forum and am going with my gut and the opinion of all you guys and gals as everyone has had the same opinion on it being legit. The slabbed above may be genuine and incredibly sloppy but compare that to mine. its crazy. I know its better for them to be safe then sorry but as they do not say what has led them to their decision it is just a little annoying. If I got a likely genuine then I would send to them to get authenticated but now I wont as im in OZ and the cost to get it to them and back and for authenticating will not be worth it in the end. PSA, JSA please come down under

This is a style Michael signed around 1992

@Carlos, Im guessing you are referring to the slabbed auto. I have seen others like this for sale but wouldnt waste my time as I like the now style and very early style where he signed his whole name. (I know they are variations of his whole name but the one which is more defined, you will know the one)

I posted looking for full name MJ examples. Do you have any?

The following info is in regards to the last image above with the 7 early MJ autos

Chronological changes of Michael's ever changing signature

1. Example #1 Very early signature taken from his 1977 Middle SchoolYearbook. This example is one of the very few examples that I have seen with a "dotted I" Notice the tight stroke of the "J" in Jordan from this early timeframe. Also notice his open end "D" in Jordan which has remained fairly constant in his full signature examples. circa 1977
  2. Example #2 This example which was signed during his early Carolina years. The tight stroke in the "J" in Jordan and the longer extention of the ending stroke of the M is noted as a Tarheel. circa 1982
  3. Example #3 Signed around the time of the 1984 Olympic Games. Notice the transition from the tight stroke "J" to much wider "J" in Jordan. circa 1984
  4. Example #4 shows more of a dramatic change in his signature. Most likely signed right before entering his rookie year in the NBA. I have notice more of a flair in the "J" Jordan demonstrating a larger and more flamboyant signature. circa 1984
  5.  Examples #5 and #6 are prime examples of what I call "Near perfect vintage rookie" these are the examples that tend to catch my eye. This is a near perfect execution of his signature. Factors that I tend to look for are (a) Large complete "J" in Jordan (b) perfect stroke execution of his trademark "Double 8" at the end of the "M" in Michael  and "J" in Jordan and (c) evidence of the completed "N" in Jordan, which in many examples demonstates a straight line eliminating the N. circa 1985-86
  6. Example #7 Full signature signed at the peak of the  1987-88 season. This is the year Michael was named NBA Scoring leader averaging 35.0 ppg as well as being named NBA Most Valuable Player,NBA Defensive Player of the Year,1988 ALL Star MVP as well as picking up the Gatorade Slam Dunk Championship for the second time in a row. Jordan's autograph was a hot commodity and his signature from this timeframe shows it. 1988 was the start of the incomplete "Half J" stroke (my terminology) in Jordan which he still signs today. circa 1988

This is info I found on the net. It is also good as comparison material if ever purchasing an early MJ auto.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service