Views: 4875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Quadropheniac!

So being an employee of PC, I can let you know we worked directly with Mr. Richards.  So we are exclusive.  We wanted to make sure we fulfilled all those that have been waiting that pre-ordered.

Are original orders going to be book plate versions? I had ordered months ago. 

Thank you so much for sharing. Our family is huge Seinfeld fans this is going to make a great gift! 

I don't remember it saying JSA certificate of authenticity when I ordered in December but it now does? So I ordered an extra copy.

Does this mean they'll come JSA authenticated already, sticker and all? This is my first PremiereCollectibles order so i was curious if anyone here has any knowledge on this?I didn't get a response last time so figured I'd ask one more time.

I don’t remember seeing them list things like that in the past, but could be wrong. They usually just offer their generic COA.

If you read the “fine print” on Richards per the *, it says: 

All Items are subject to JSA Authentication, for any reason that are not able to be Authorized you will be notified and refunded.”

I read that as you can pay for JSA authentication and Premiere will refund the item if it fails.

Edit- I may have misread, appears to say you will be notified and refunded if it fails. I guess they will have JSA authenticate (and provide a COA), but will refund if they fail. I guess it’s a way of saying that if the product they receive back from Richards isn’t legit (i.e. autopen or other), they won’t try to pass it off. 

Not sure if they will do stickers/card or what but looks like they will provide some sort of COA from JSA (unless they fail JSA, in which case it appears Premiere will refund up front).

I hope this is the way they do it, the way you explained it made sense to me. If that is the case this is a really good deal if it comes authenticated already.

I'm excited to read the book and get his signature so I'd be happy regardless, aslong as it's authentic.

There was someone here that works for PremiereCollectibles but they haven't said much, maybe they'll update us near release.

Yeah, hopefully they can confirm details for you. Agree it would be nice if they started offering something beyond their (Premiere’s) generic COA, which has generally been seen on here as worthless. 

I kind of wonder if they are doing it this way because they have advance knowledge of how these will be signed. Possibly an extremely short scribble signature. Nothing like what we know his normal signature to look like. A terrible autograph that would initiate mass returns without a 3rd party authenticator approval?  Its interesting how this is being handled. I haven't been paying attention to Premieres inventory for a while. Is this the 1st time they mentioned anything regarding JSA? It seems odd if this is the first and makes me wonder why, since Premiere has proven they can be shady in certain ways

Yeah, I don’t remember them doing it like this before. I glanced at some other items and looks like it’s just their regular COA.

Appreciate their effort but why the sudden need/willingness to do so on this one? Agree that maybe they they’re trying to get ahead of something. Maybe they got some back already and didn’t like what they saw so they sought JSA which is pending. 

Could be part of the larger shuffle that's going on -- I know Fanatics has been getting in cozy with some of the major authenticators (PSA/JSA). Possible that Premiere has been doing something similar.

That said, the fact that this partnership/"bonus" authentication is coming out of the blue for this release, when they've dabbled already in far more expensive items (vintage or otherwise) that didn't have authentication tied to them is... interesting.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service