We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Here's another ugly Mickey Mantle forgery on a baseball found on Ebay.

This putrid-looking Mickey Mantle forgery on a baseball is listed by Ebay seller Onlyhim.

Ebay seller Onlyhim writes "This will pass any third-party authentication such as PSA or JSA."

Both PSA and JSA will reject this piece-of-crap Mickey Mantle forgery in a millisecond.

Gotta love when the sellers of these Mickey Mantle forgeries "Includes a ticket from the signing."   What a bad joke!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTLE-AUTOGRAPHED-SIGNED-AMERICAN-L...

Views: 2821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No you dont need to prove anything, but dont be surprised when your auction is yanked. And you should also realize John, that now anytime anyone searches for your ebay name on google, this website will show up front and center.

Dude, PSA charges a hundred bucks for authentication of Mantle autos. If someone on here said they would pay for it once it came back legit then I would jump ALL OVER IT. Because now you have a PSA certed mantle ball that you can sell for double the amount AND MAKE AN EXTRA 100 bucks.

If your as positive as you sound then its a no brainer.

Also, post a couple of photos of your other mantles and shut these creepy old men up haha. Theres a blue link button at the top of the reply box its that simple.

If I would have had the Mick sign my balls in person I be damn sure I had a photo of it... Post that bitch on here too. What the hell make it a slam dunk case.

John Smith you ball just failed PSA quick opinion. Meaning you are wrong. 

Again opinion just want to get your money. PSA is known for taking money. Again a twisted sick opinion with no merit

Anyhow they are experts, more so than you or I . And they determined ALSO you are wrong, so the question is now at what point do you get it? 

And you will be happy to know I dont pay for quick opinion (A perk of having a personal friend on staff) therefore them taking my money is irrelevant. Looks like EBay agrees with PSA also as they yanked the auction. 

But I do find it odd you are anti PSA yet bring up their name in the auction. Strange you guaranteed it would pass and it didnt. Now you say the above? Right. 

no, YOU have it twisted. PSA takes money in exchange for a qualified professional opinion to protect buyers from fraudulent sellers.

I know its hard to believe but some sellers actually sell forgeries JUST to get your money!  go figure.

John Smith Hero to the moronic imbeciles. I told you to stop being stupid you moron.

Gee, I wonder what happened to that discussion where he was bashing the authentic Jeter ball?  I can't seem to find it.

I removed it. 

For the record - it was a discussion "John Smith" started - that retaliated against one of Christopher Williams's eBay auctions, swapping out everything from autograph name on the ball to Chris's eBay name, to a link directly to Chris's ball. (I always find it interesting when they know Chris's eBay name when it wasn't mentioned in the post). 

Thanks for removing it Wascher.  His intent was obvious the minute I read it. 

I know from my own experience, many times I obtained items signed in person, some through-the-mail and some through dealers. A decade later, it's easy to mix up which "Joe Blow" signed photo I obtained in person versus the one I bought from a dealer, etc.

Giving "John Smith" the benefit of the doubt, maybe he really thinks he obtained this in person.

That said, any experienced collector or dealer will immediately identify this as a mass-produced, drawn, cookie-cutter forgery style. The slowness and "drawing" is quite evident in the loops of the Ms. This was sold in great quantity in the 90s and I'm sure they will be festering in collections for many decades to come.

"John Smith" does not help his case by referencing a sleazy, anonymous "complaint" site to buttress his argument. As the legitimate community knows, these sites are the tools of dishonest elements in the hobby to try to smear the credibility of those who expose fakes, legitimate sellers and authenticators.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service