We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We now have a Musician-Direct Autograph Sales Forum where you can post individual discussions of new offerings. It's a big change—and a big improvement. We closed this discussion after 8 years but it will always be available to read. 

The new system has been in place for 2 months now and it's working well.

This video shows you how easy the new forum is to use.

You can follow the forum and be notified of new signings exclusively! And you can enter a musician's name in the forum's search box and find any discussions about them.

Be sure to click the Follow link at the bottom of the list of discussions.

Try it...I think you'll like it.

Steve Cyrkin

Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 505858

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen some people receive the posters with the exact same signature.

Yes, so have I.  Same exact identical signature on different locations of her poster.  They mentioned she even talked about signing the posters on her Twitter.

Wow.  Now she's even more awful than I thought.

Here's a few examples. You tell me~

Attachments: No photo uploads here

And another

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Scamming and insulting her fans.  What's not to like?

This kind of stuff really disgusts me more than a kitchen forgery. These millionaire "stars" are overcharging and ripping off the people that love them the most. Just outrageous. I guess she needs the money for a bigger a$$ implant. I just had to say something insulting.

Here's an article about the Nicki Minaj situation:  http://populove.net/barbz-uproar-nicki-minaj-merchandise-scam/

This is terrible and should be ended immediately. What a way to treat your fans

I go to tons of shows every year, I usually buy a signed photo if they are selling one. I asked Epperson and Rick Schultz years ago about this and about buying from the artists website. They both said usually no worries, (but anything is possible). Rick told me about a big rock band, I can't remember now who it was, that had a person that handled memorabilia sales. Maybe worked with the fan club. When the band stopped giving him memorabilia, demand was so great he went to other areas and bought that bands memorabilia and resold it there. Of course none were authentic. I guess this could be something similar? Could it be she may not know?

I've noticed an increase in sales of signed material at artists merch tables at concert venues in the past few years. A few shows I went to that offered signed items included Chris Isaak (signed albums @ $30), Pat Benatar (large pictures @$75), Crosby, Stills & Nash (concert/tour poster @ $150), and Aimee Mann/Ted Leo (CDs @$20). The CSN was a no-brainer, given Crosby's known reluctance to sign outside of venues. I make it a point to ask the merch people if an artist is going to sign at the table after the show and if not, if they will have any signed products available. Some have looked at me as if I was speaking Greek, others have given me much useful info, such as Alan Parsons coming out to sign after a show last year when no one expected him to. 

I guess I'm old school, I hate to pay for signatures, preferring to work hard my self to get them but if the product is well-designed, and at a decent enough price, I cannot resist, LOL. I feel safer for some reason about buying at the venue merch stand than sending in via a generic addy on a website.

Usually signed stuff at the venues are signed nicer than rushed in person stuff. I was shocked at the wells fargo center that they had Sting signed books and albums. Going to Hall and Oates in late feb. Last time at one of their concerts they had signed cds for sale. Have gotten Benatar and CSN also.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service