We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There has been a lot of confusion lately about Elvis Presley autographs due to a discussion that was recently posted. Elvis is one of the hardest autographs to authenticate as he had so many styles of signatures. After 20+ years of studying his autograph even I can get fooled every once and awhile. What messes up the forger is greed. The autograph gets too consistant for Elvis and they get caught. Recently a VERY good forger popped up and fooled me and others. The good thing is before the forgeries could be sold we figured out the forgeries and put a stop to this person. As you will see in this post "Elvis was consistantly inconsistant in the way he signed and wrote". There are though things he always did that show through though. All I am going to do here is post authentic signatures. I won't be explaining them in any way, that will be for you to do to educate yourselves. I will answer some questions though if needed. Enjoy!

Views: 17122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These need to be removed, I don not believe either is authentic.

Or maybe moved to an Elvis Forgery thread so we don't loose them for posterity...

just a suggestion since we were going to try and start one with the R&R item.

We can do that, but I'd rather focus on the new forgeries right now.

Lewis,

Here is another very deceptive thing you have tried on my thread.  Why would you leave off the dedication on an autograph that you clearly state looks very questionable.  Then of top of that you post it with an autograph that is clearly not authentic and state they signed the same day.  Now I will not render my opinion as #1, I don't have to but will not because you tried to deceive me and the readers of this thread.  You don't gain respect by pulling silly stunts.  Haven't you learned this yet.  Your credibility is zero with me.

that's fine.. starting with new forgeries (define "new" lol) is okay and others can fill in later.   This way we don't loose them.      I suspect Roger has a boatload of them and can educate just enough as to the why and not give the "creators" too much insight but the unfortunate ones who own them enough ammuntion to seek redress.

Thanks Jim for your comments/opinion/what i want to say.

HEARTILY AGREE

PS - my name IS grant but i live in Australia??!!

Whoops - sorry for calling you Jim, James:)

I have my doubts about this "Flaming Star" Elvis photo.  Has it been authenticated?

What if it come that this autograph is not genuine? will you give a refund?

Stickering is not fine for me on the front of ANY signed photo. Back fine...but front...please no! And vintage? Front or back, forget it! 

This is the 21st century. Services should put an image of every item in a database that you can look up from anywhere. 

Ask Roger for an opinion.

From someone based in Australia - not in US - like yourself being based in UK - i agree with the posting etc - HOWEVER - if i was going to sell something for the amount of dollars that the Elvis should bring if authentic, (i am NOT doubting the authenticity - i just don't know) then Roger does provide a service on line that will give you some sort of confidence in the authenticity of your item without having to post it to him/PSA or the US.

PS - US/Aussie/UK postage isn't too bad IN COMPARISM to Germany - twice had things sent and they disappear into a Nimoy black hole???!!

Ask Roger. Then if you want a LOA you can send it to him.

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service