We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ebay terminated my auction, stating my COA wasn't an approved source!!!!

My Epperson COA item was removed twice in two days.  After calling twice the Ebay gentlemen told me that Epperson is not an approved Ebay authenticator and all items with his COA are in the process of being removed.  Say what?! Those are the only ones I buy these days.  Anybody know what's going on?

Views: 3306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nobody is tarnishing anyone's reputation and nobody has said nor implied anything negative towards Roger. 

It was simply a post to explain as best he could a situation he had and try to figure out what is happening. 

I was never trying to tarnish anyone's reputation.  I have much respect for Roger and this forum.  Again, the individual at Ebay said it absolutely had to do with Roger not being an approved Ebay authenticator.  I can only speak to what I was told.  I apologize if I offended you Timothy.  I will revise the title, so as it doesn't sound like and attack, if that is how you took it, but it certainly wasn't my intention. 

I certainly did not take it that way John. I doubt many did.

Thanks Eric

I have never dealt with ebay, and don't know this specific situation, but it is highly unlikely any trademark has been breached. I have heard that there are many reasons a trademark can be legally breached-use in parody is one means of legal breach. Also, used for conducting legal commerce is allowed (with many specific requirements). 

Obvious breaches are, for instance, pretending to be General Electric. non breaches are reselling GE stuff. Correct me if i am wrong

Did you list it under the right category?

I think what probably happened is an amateur autograph authenticator decided to report it...And since Roger isn't on the approved ebay list they pulled it.

Purely a guess. Makes the most sense, more so than a copyright or trademark nonsense. 

Often these sorts of things are simple, non-malicious and perhaps a little silly.

I don’t think the original poster intended to do anything malicious. However, I agree with Timothy in that this situation is likely a miscommunication or mess up by some low-level Customer service flunky at eBay.

Unfortunately, threads like this that are nothing more than speculation  based on a murky story can be very damaging to people’s reputation. Dishonest people can take the speculation presented here and use it to damage Rogers reputation by Spinning it to fit their agenda. #FakeNews

+1 it does have an effect.

I edited the title. 

I think your being over dramatic Timmy and he just changed the title to please this audience.

John was obviously stunned by his ebay encounter and wanted to share it with us to get feedback. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe he didn't do it to your personal liking, but that's life isn't it. 

If people walk away and start spreading garbage rumors, then that just tells me they don't care enough to check back and find out what's really going on. Because at this point, nobody knows... not even you. 

Take a deep breath and watch your blood pressure. Nothing malicious is going on here. In fact... it's ebay that needs to explain themselves. And maybe you can lend the man a hand in trying to sort this out... yes?

Anything more... you may address me via pm

Dude your speculating about people spreading rumors and nothing more.

Why Roger is not on ebay's authentication list is beyond me and probably most people here think it to... It's ridiculous. 

And this is why I said "rat" and "shadows" and whatever else. Because it all just doesn't make logical sense. 

But here we are and I'll say it again. Go give John a hand in finding out what's going on. No point in running in circles here now is there? 

BTW... you didn't send me a pm haha

apologies for the delayed replies but wifi is really bad here in Mexico

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service