We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I had long a suspected that JSA had blown it when I had them authenticate my signed Journey album.

It FAILED JSA Authentication at an in-store at a baseball card shop here in Vegas. The authenticator look like a high school kid who may be graduated 6 months ago.

Always wanted a second opinion but didn't want to pay for full authentication again.

Yesterday just on a whim I sent a bunch of pictures of it to Rodger Epperson to see what he thinks. Apparently from his cursory review he disagrees with jsa's opinion. Epperson likes the LP.

Who is more believable JSA or Rodger Epperson? What do you guys think?

Views: 7715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I believe so. The ones I’m familiar with include The Doors, Jerry Lee Lewis, Dave Clark and Simon and Garfunkel. I believe they’re also being sold on the Autographed Wax website.

I had a similar experience with PSA/DNA at a card show.  They did approve my Chamberlain/Russell BB. Both I got in-person. Russell was at the show signing.  

But the PSA KIDS were not any of the people who you were used to seeing at the bottom of a PSA/DNA LOA.  They looked under 20 years old.  There were two of them under 20yo doing the authenticating.  That’s why I’m always skeptical of the PSA Quick Opinion Service. Do you really think Rich Consola or one of the other top guys is actually looking at those email QOs?  

I would DEFINITELY trust Roger Epperson over two in-store kids.  If JSA or PSA can’t send their REAL people to these events, then they shouldn’t make an appearance.

You're right.

Now, when JSA does the in-store at the same place, they send one of their top guys.

When bas does on-site authenticating here in Vegas, it's usually Grad.

But u dont see grad .he does the evaluation in the back and u pick it up in a few hours with a pass or fail. U pay one way or another. 

It's a great buisness model for them. You pay regardless.

Brilliant!!!

Heads they win, tails you lose.

Not the best picture, but here is a sportsnmore9999 signed journey album. Same black pen for all signers. What was the history of the one in the OP?

The forger has some talent but I believe the Steve Smith autograph is a dead giveaway. 

I wish I could see the Steve Perry a little better in this picture.

Hello Brian,

I did what I could with the scan Corey provided so you might see a bit more as you wished. I hope it is of some use:

Thanks

Keep in mind Team Derek is notoriously known for ‘completing’ albums with one/two common signers who signs multiples. Just check out their YouTube videos. Steve Smith is a great signer and only valued around $40 or so by himself...

That is a good point.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service