We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Is anyone going (or has gone) to Roger Waters Us and Them Tour and gotten autographs? If so, any tips?

I may go to one of the Chicago shows at the United Center, or the St Paul show. Any idea where to look for him or what times? Is it better to check the venue or hotel?

Thanks for any help!

Tags: Dark, David, Floyd, Gilmour, Moon, Pink, Roger, Side, Them, Tour, More…Us, Waters, and, of, the

Views: 16028

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought about heading there after the Arcade Fire thing at Reckless, but I decided it was going to be flat out awful and decided to sit tight for Milwaukee.

Yup thats the one... they should be complaining to the scumbag dealers that ruined it. Hopefully they sold all the ones they got before prices go up.

On the bright side I got frames for mine today. Found some nicer ones at hobby lobby... Going to cut some mat board to keep them off the glass and get them in frames.

What if you had to hand over a $20 bill that he keeps, gives to charity, whatever?

He signs for 5 minutes or so, and goes on his way feeling less used.

He should just charge for a  meet and greet at the gig.

And it would be like two grand and no autograph, No thanks.

What's the answer?

Sign post show. Don't do it regularly. Personalize.

Yeah or just sign inside the building free for first 50-100 ppl... then only people who had tickets could get signatures. Only problem then is you'd have dealers buy cheapest ticket possible and camp out all night. I'm sure some fans don't care about autographs... or just sell 100 signed albums at each event for like 100-200. Then people who want them have to pay for a ticket, then pay for the album. And wouldn't be able to profit much if any.

You might have a couple dealers lining up early, but the thing that blew this open was that it was easy and free, and there were ways to taking advantage of it. First 50 - 100 people w/ floor tickets wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Yeah that would be a good idea. Or have the security guard name a somewhat known song and if you can't recite 5 lines of lyrics no autograph... some of the homeless people didn't even know who they were going to meet. One said it was "some rock and roll band"... or number peoples hands with Sharpie 1-100 so they can't get back in line. Everyone past 100 gets turned away.

But either way he was doing it free out of kindness of his heart... no reason to go through all that trouble just so scumbag dealers can figure out ways to game the system. Hopefully he changes his mind eventually... if he ever tours again anyway.

I truly hope that he will sign during European tour next year... I have no video from our Czech gigs, but this is the way how it should be done IMO - note that lots of people have sheets of paper with their names as they ask for personalized autograph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVOKruGKWgQ

That was a nice video. I wish it had gone like that in Chicago. There wasn't any talking really. I just said Thanks Roger and complimented him... He just looked down signing. I should have asked for mine personalized but being one of my heroes I got pretty nervous going up to him. It was kind of a blur.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service