We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Not sure why a 007 group wasn't created before, but I'm glad it's finally here! Why not get the ball rolling with the greatest Bond of all, Sean Connery...just wondering if this might be an actual one of his? Thanks!

Tags: Connery, Sean

Views: 5863

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies to This Discussion

The people I have spoken with- and I mean at least 10 times - they were able to see he was clearly shilling.  And not just a few times, all the time! They said they had shut one of his down for activity issues - but only temporarily, and it wasn't one of the ones I named.  They actually gave me the # of accounts he had.  The last time I reported him they said that I should call law enforcement in his area if I feel he's forging and stealing.  Really????  You can see he's shilling and I need to call the cops? 

I guess ebay doesn't care enough to report a crime as long as they are benefiting

love your inputs wascher

wow wascher

I had no idea the length of scams going on... (re-  buying feeback posts)

Great information and thx once again

Would like some opinions of this Connery. Thanks.

I looked at this one yesterday and last night and still today I can't decide on a conclusion.

I don't like to inscription. It appears to be added later by someone else. Even the felt pen is of newer ink. It doesn't match Sean's writing from what I can see.

The signature is close but the baseline is suspicious

Would Sean sign a real 10lb note? He's very patriotic

This one needs Pete's eyes

To agree the inscription is in someone's else's hands. Interesting signature, worthy of discussion.

I agree it's worthy of discussion

And I know you have a decent eye for Connery and you picked a tricky one 

It's the baseline I find troublesome because of his chicken scratch writing style. Even on his best days, his sig is wonky

This is a really tricky one. The actual signature has some of the right characteristics. The S in sean looks good and the 'onnery' looks good too (the it almost looks like the first letter is a 'U' which is correct). Th texta ink break up is correct to for someone signing quickly (the secretarials are always slow and pooling ink). Then again, Connery is so easy to forge that its almost impossible to know either way on something like this. 

My biggest issue with this is the neatness and the context. This is probably a late 70's onwards and its far too neat for him to have signed it on the street  (and he wouldnt have dedicated in that context anyway). 

Which means he would have done this sitting down. The actual dedication itself is wrong too. The 'T' in to is not correct for most connerys Ive seen and the SAM is also not his writing (though Connery would put a persons name in capitals at times). The dedication is the writing of a secretarial- see the typical "ALL MY BEST WISHES" secretarials. Interestingly though, the signature is not what I expect from any of the common secretarials.

Given all that, whilst the signature is good to the eye, I wouldnt buy it myself as there are just too many red flags for me. Id love to hear others thoughts though! Im not a 100% either way and could be persuaded. Just my 2 cents!

A great discussion piece Joe!

I know the inscription is in another hand. I believe a different sharpie was used for it as well. I am 90% convinced this was signed by Connery. It's the other 10% that gets me. It's rather appealing to the eye except for the inscription(which almost makes me think it's genuine). Why would someone add the inscription later?

I certainly see your reasoning Joe

and agree w/ TQ's observations

It is very neat n tidy if it's real (almost too neat). And the tail end of Sean seems too long and stretched out. I just don't know about this one. It does look more good than bad though

If a forgery, maybe someone bought it and added the inscription later?

The background is only guesswork

The only thing I could think of was that Connery actually did sign through the mail one day and just powered through a bunch of items sent in and then passed them on to a secretary to dedicate them and send them back... 

definitely possible... would have thought he might have considered the cheque payment for the years of joy he brought the sender and sent back a signed receipt instead though ;)

does the item have any provenance/story or info about original seller?

No story although this is be offered by a seller who has some impressive inventory and been around for a long, long time. Although that doesn't always make it authentic. I think it's a very unique item. My emotions like it but my common sense isn't entirely sold yet. And...it's a tad expensive too.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service