We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tags: cd, signed

Views: 4562

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That’s very surprising about Lindsey Stirling since everything I own has always been hand signed by her   Course I always bought from her or Newbury. And got one even in person from her

Is it only the CDs that have the stamps, or is it the vinyl too?

I don't think the vinyl has shipped yet.

When I saw how much the vinyl were selling for, I was bummed that I'd cancelled my order because I assumed people knew something I didn't. However, looking around now, I've now seen at least 5 of the pink cover vinyl with the printed (stamped?) signature.

I was only interested in these for the autograph, so I'm glad I cancelled, but I'm not sure I understand why the vinyl is still going for $80+.

Not sure if it's the case with this one but people collect vinyl records like crazy these days. They'll collect every color that gets released. If it's a rare color they'll sell for a lot. I've bought a few different signed vinyl albums that come with an extra sealed vinyl, and I don't ever listen to vinyl so I've sold the colored vinyl for a lot more than I paid and kept the autograph. Basically got paid to get an autograph... can't complain about that. Works out good because many of the people who collect the vinyl don't care about the autographs at all. They just want all the vinyl colors. So I'll see some selling for the same price with or without the extra signed cover on eBay. 

Well, despite me cancelling, my autopen just arrived.

Well would you look at that ... it’s EXACTLY the same as mine!! There’s a surprise!!

wow. Exactly the same on the Purple vinyl as well. Shocking ..... NOT

I'm wondering if the vinyl itself is still pretty limited (somehow), as these seem to be selling for $50+ on Ebay, even from sellers fully acknowledging the signature is not authentic.

Some vinyl colors sell for a good amount over retail to collectors. They collect all the colors like baseball cards... I didn't realize this till I started keeping some extra signed vinyl sleeves and selling the vinyl that came with it. One I paid $50 for and the vinyl itself, without the signed sleeve sold for close to $100. 

I think a couple versions of the Halsey vinyl are worth a decent amount, even without the signed jacket. Urban Outfitters and some indie store exclusives tend to be a good investment. When I was buying the signed Dodie preorders, I noticed one version of the album (unsigned) was a Rough Trade exclusive limited to 500. That will almost certainly be much more of a collector's item than the signed vinyl.

You're right on the Halseys... Some are worth a good amount more than retail without the autograph... that was one I sold and I didn't realize people cared that much about the color, so I didn't put it in the listing... then got tons of emails asking about which color vinyl it was. Then once I checked the order I realized what color it was and researched it more, I noticed it was selling for a decent amount more than retail for just the vinyl... I put the color in the title and it sold right away. 

Matt Berninger of the Nationals was another one that sold for a good amount without the autograph. I think Phoebe Bridgers is another one that people go crazy over the different colors, and Lana Del Rey... I'm sure there's tons more I don't know about but those are just a few I noticed when looking on eBay at signed ones, and paying a bit more attention. 

Works out nice, get a free autograph and make a few bucks (f you don't collect the vinyl albums and just keep the signed sleeves anyway.) Although the signed vinyls are usually tougher to get to begin with... But nice when you do... And then the signed vinyl sleeves are worth more than signed CDs on top of that... so it's a double win, haha. Kind of a nice thing to know though. Makes me not feel quite as bad to pay $50 for the vinyl instead of $15 for a CD sometimes. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service