We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats, Mark! With that look, I would never ask him what's in his wallet!
Well, my new "Star Wars - Return of the Jedi" multi-signed original album from 1983 (vintage piece with newer autographs) finally arrived today! It's my first Star Wars autograph purchase. And other than feeling like I might be getting the flu, I am super happy with it. While the album cover is not mint, it's in pretty decent shape as far as older albums...that I've run into. And the autographs are very bold, other than the "Peter" as in Mayhew. It is actually nicer than I expected...so that's a good feeling.

I was really mainly after the main characters from the first movie, "A New Hope". In that case, I'm really only missing two: Kenny Bakee (won't be able to get him, of course) and Dave Prowse. Well okay...three...James Earl Jones. Regardless, I'd like to add a couple more to this somehow. But at least I also have George Lucas and John Williams. Williams seems to be one I often see missing from cast-signed items.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my joy with fellow Star Wars fans.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
That should be Williams regarding multi-signed pieces. Obviously, Williams wasn't a part of the cast...but Star Wars would not be the same without his genius!

And Pete, thanks for looking it over and letting me know that PSA got it right as I was about to commit to buy it. I trust your opinion over PSA's...that's for sure!

Above, I have a better pic than when I posted before.

Nice! The first movie I have a memory of seeing in the theater.  Still haunts me the original model for the 77 Death Star was located/sold at a junk shop about an hour North of Springfield MO in the early 90's.  There is a blog online about the young men who purchased it.

http://www.starwars.com/news/saving-the-death-star-how-the-original...;

Thanks, Gregory. And thanks for the link. That's an incredible story. What an amazing thing to own! How cool would that be to own such an iconic piece of film history. I wonder how much it was bought and sold for. Personally, I would think that could go for a small (or large) fortune in an auction. North of Springfield, Missouri, huh? I wonder if Brad Pitt ever got to see it. I know Springfield is his hometown. I used to work with a girl from Springfield.

I believe the writer of the article still has it in his personal collection.
It floors me that Lucasfilm did not try to buy it back. 

I can't imagine ever regretting picking up a multi signed piece like yours, especially if the price was doable.
I passed up a discounted Officialpix Fisher the day before she fell ill and have been filling in a few gaps in my small collection since. Makes you think!

Yeah, Brad Pitt is from these parts, but they keep it super hush hush when he visits.  

Very interesting blog Gregory.  Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations James.  That is a beautiful piece.

Thanks, Mike!
For those attending, the first wave of Celebration guests have been announced including Felicity Jones, Ian McDairmid, Anthony Daniels and Jeremy Bulloch, with some rebels characters and some smaller names. Shaping up to be a great year.

You can preorder autograph tickets on starwarsauthentics.com.
Mike, do you know if the celebration organizers accept send-ins. I would like to get Ian McDairmid to sign the album pictured above. Of course, I would always be worried about it getting damaged. But do you know if this is possible? I think you or Pete or others may have talked about this before, but I can't remember.
I went to last years celebration and too my knowledge there were no hand ins. But I'm not 110% on that

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service